Flu bug.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Both my kids have been down with the flu bug, they got over it and boy was I pleased, I didn't seem to get it, missed me completley. Woke up this morning, throat feels like I've swallowed cut glass, sniffling, coughing, cold. This is now a couple of weeks after they have got over theirs and it seems I have it. Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I have the heating on full blast as its really cold outside now, even thou' the sun is shinning.

Guess that could be why I don't feel like working!!!! As you can see I'm feeling really sorry for myself at the moment, even Bucc has decided its better to stay out of the way and is quite happily playing on his playarea and talking away to himself.

Well everyone else got over it quickly enough, so I guess I'll just wait for that time to come for me.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I hope you get to feeling better soon. We had the type A flu recently, but we got to the Doctors in time so that we could take the Tamiflu stuff. We were, however, quarantined to our home for a few days so as not to spread it. That was a joy....not. Maybe its just a cold and will go away. The flu is aweful.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yep, its not a lot of fun is it. The kids have both had it a couple of weeks ago, but I was very lucky and it passed me by. After disinfecting the whole house from top to bottom, there was some nasty little bug just waiting and hiding ready to strike. Boy did he ever get me good. Had a nap this afternoon and that felt a little better so hopefully I'll be up and running again tomorrow.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Am still not up and running yet, still feeling lousy, head is all bunged up and so are my ears, they feel as though I've got cotton wool stuck in them, then with the coughing and spluttering, I feel like I've been hit with by a bus!! To top everything off, Bucc, the little darling, takes one look at me, starts coughing and spluttering and then tells me I look Naaaasty, that makes me feel real great I can tell ya.:17: I did put on a cry and he just laughed and turned his back telling me I was baaaad!! Can't win.

Its now nearly 11.30pm here so I'm off to bed. Am seriously thinking of poking Bucc as I go past. I'll let you know if I pick up the nerve to do it. Hehehehe

Goodnight all.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Hope you feel better really soon. Goodnight.

To top everything off, Bucc, the little darling, takes one look at me, starts coughing and spluttering and then tells me I look Naaaasty, that makes me feel real great I can tell ya.

Yup....Bucc is a wiseguy too, gotta love em though. :D

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
Peta,

How old are your kids? My soon-to-be 8yr old was out of school yesterday with some type of virus. Won't say it's flu, because it passed quickly, but she sure spiked a good fever to go with the other symptoms. Alternating Motrin and Tylenol kept it at bay, and it was hard not to let her drink more than 4oz at a time to give her stomach a break from wretching..

I hope you bounce back quickly from your bout with the bug!! I don't know what the weather's been like by you, but it's been from cold to warm to cold and wet and warm and cold here. It's no wonder the yucks are here!

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
but it's been from cold to warm to cold and wet and warm and cold here. It's no wonder the yucks are here!

No kidding right, this wacky back and forth weather is what gets me every time too. :( I wish it would just make up it's mind.......and stay warm. :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
MKay said:
Peta,

How old are your kids? My soon-to-be 8yr old was out of school yesterday with some type of virus. Won't say it's flu, because it passed quickly, but she sure spiked a good fever to go with the other symptoms. Alternating Motrin and Tylenol kept it at bay, and it was hard not to let her drink more than 4oz at a time to give her stomach a break from wretching..

I hope you bounce back quickly from your bout with the bug!! I don't know what the weather's been like by you, but it's been from cold to warm to cold and wet and warm and cold here. It's no wonder the yucks are here!

My daughter, Jemma, is nearly 15 and boy what a wonderful age that is:20: and my Son, Luke, is 11.

We have the flu bug making the rounds as well as a gastric problem and it seems that if you get one you end up with the other, maybe cos your down anyway, so far haven't got the gastric prob yet, so hopefully that one will pass us by.

Weather here has been pretty much the same as you guys are having over there by the sounds of it. I'm with Alison here, wish it would just stay hot, hot and hot.:cool: :cool:

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
Ahhh, I'm not looking forward to those teenage years!

It's official; doc called, culture results are in and Sara has strep. Just picked up meds for her. Now it's time to kick it for good!

Good luck with the teen and pre-teen boy; goodness, I hope we make it through!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Ever since Jemma reached The Dreded Teens, thats when I started to feel like I'm 110!!!!! Will I ever make it through Luke getting through the teenage years, Arrrrrrrrgh!!!:52:

Most Reactions

Latest posts