In heat...or whats going on ???

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
Sulfur Crested Cockatoo ~ Blue Quaker to be
My female cockatoo is acting funny...and this only happens about every 1-2 months. When I pet her she acts like she is being mated..why is she doing this and what can I do about it:confused:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Does this go on all year, about every 1-2 months? How long has it been going on? What exactly are you doing and what does she do?

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
[Play your cards right and you could be in there.
Sorry, kidding.
I have no clue.] :eek: Im a girl ya know

It goes on about every 2-3 months all year, she just turned 10 I got her last year. When I pet her she like makes puffing or hissing sounds and kind of shakes and lifts her tail.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I quote:"eek: Im a girl ya know".

No I didnt know. but if you were to lower your expectations to include another species, then i wouldnt have thought gender would be an issue.
Not my area of expertise really, but I do admit to forming a relationship with a Corella, but my wifes understands and endorses this relationship.
Have I side tracked this thread enough to get into trouble yet?
If not, here aare some bird pictures that have nothing to do with anything at all.
bird%20(40).JPG

bird%20(1).JPG

No wonder debbie has Hidden my Camera.
bird%20(66).JPG

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
[Have I side tracked this thread enough to get into trouble yet?]

No its fine it didnt offend me lol...

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
It goes on about every 2-3 months all year, she just turned 10 I got her last year. When I pet her she like makes puffing or hissing sounds and kind of shakes and lifts her tail.

Oh, that certainly sounds like mating, but all throughout the year, :eek: As soon as she starts this I would stop, then try again later. Are you petting her in one particular area when she starts this, or is it anywhere you pet her? If only in one area, then stop petting in that area. I'll have to check up on that one.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Great pics by the way, That bottom one is beautiful, with her and the window looks amazing.

Have I side tracked this thread enough to get into trouble yet?

If you really want to be in trouble, then I'm officially telling you off. :18: :18: :18: :18:

OP
MLB

MLB

Dec 27, 2006
WI
Parrots
I just pet her anywhere. Usually if I touch her back or head she starts it.

Most Reactions