Hello, I am a new member

Sally

Feb 2, 2006
Parrots
Chipper the Parrotlet
I am a new member. I have a Parrotlet I have had for one week. Still trying to get her to be my buddy. Not easy. Sally
41059Pets_Galoretwo.gif
41059three_babies.jpg

OP
Sally

Sally

Feb 2, 2006
Parrots
Chipper the Parrotlet
Here are my pets. Sally
41059three_babies.jpg

Dave

Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania-USA
Parrots
1 pet CAG--1 pet TAG--1 pet YC Macaw--2 pet Quakers--3 prs of breeder greys--not pets
Hi Sally
Glad that you flew in. There's lots of different sized perches that you can use. Hope you enjoy yourself.
Parrotlets as well as most other parrots don't get used to their new environment quickly. More than 1 wk is needed. First they have to get used to their new environment, new people and their habits, new living quarters such as a new cage, new toys that are around them etc. They have to used to being fed at certain times and they need to get used to different schedules. Many new young parrots like to take in all of these new things from the safety of their cage. It's best to do a lot of soft talking to get his interest. Do lots of things around your bird but not directly to your bird so he can see that none of it has anything to do with scaring him. Let him show interest in you first. Believe me, you'll see when that happens. Don't force your hand on him. Let him show interest first. It'll happen--patience and repetition are the keys here---Dave

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Ditto, Dave gave some good advise there, be patient it will happen.

Most Reactions

Latest posts