Nearly came back with .......

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yesterday we went off to a great pet store, Safari Select, anyway we were going to buy the vivarium for the gecko's and of course I had to look at the birds, :eek: There was a really beautiful baby B&G, sennies, BF Amazons, toos, and then I saw him a Greenwing Macaw, now he was a real fun guy, we played hide and seek, jump and he was talking away all the time, both me and Jemma fell in love, I was all ready to bring the guy home £1,500 ($2,993 USD, $3209 CAD, £3532 AUD 21354 ZAR, 3911 NZD) thank goodness I didn't bring my credit card with me, I was totally taken with the guy and seriously was all ready to make an Impulse buy :eek: Never a good idea.

Thankfully came out of there, with only the vivarium for the gecko's

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Green wings are beautiful, but tend to be a bit more on the agressive side of the Macaws, but I am only speaking in generalities here ... $2,995 fo a GW is a little expensive here, usually you can get one for like $1000 less than that ...

Talk about an impulse buy ... what do you think Hubby would have said? :eek:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I can tell ya exactly what he would have said

******######*******#######
Get the picture. :D

Although this was the gentlest of birds ;) well thats what I told him. :eek:

Then he said something that nearly made me pass out,
"Well get him then" I then realised that he knew I didn't bring the plastic out with me. :( Ah well for a few mins I could dream. But he really was so funny.(the bird that is)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah I know, they wouldn't even taste the poor Linnies :eek: and that is one thing that Andi asked, but I told him the truth, "they don't bite or eat birdies" :eek: Okay maybe a slight exageration there. ;) I also tried to tell him how quiet they were, then the birdie went and spoilt it by saying a very loud "Hello and Boo" :D

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
OMG you should have gotten it. Just hide it in your office, your hubby wont know. That is until its too late to take it back. :D

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
They are loud, and they eat a lot ... not to mention the LUNGING ... but hey!!! They do make great pets.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Now that I'm back home and I see my two out and about and the space we have (or don't have in the house) I'm so glad that I didn't have the plastic. That may have been my one impulse bird buy, and what a mistake that would be. When I win the lottery tho' :D you never know.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Now that I'm back home and I see my two out and about and the space we have (or don't have in the house)...

There are a few easy fixes for this ...

(1) you could just kick everyone out and there'd be more room ...
(2) Sell your current home and purchase a bigger one!

See, no problems, just solutions!

~ :50:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah, thats definately a soloution there, but think I'll stick with the ones I have at the moment, Jemma is looking at cages again, she really wants a Sennie and who am I to say no to that. :D :D

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Ooh, is she gonna get a baby? She gonna handrear him, is he gonna be weaned already? INSIDE INFO PETA, you know i love to know of new upcoming birdies!!:D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Okay Wilma, I'll tell ya, yep I've wanted a Sennie for a long time now, and so has Jemma, anyway she is looking very seriously and has been looking up cages etc. So I thought well if she is getting the cage and a Sennie, it would be no problem having two, would it. ;) And plus the fact all our birds come in twos so we couldn't break the habit could we. :D There are a few more on the horizon but Sennie's are definately way up there.

Babies, yeah I'd love to handfeed again and teach it right from Scratch.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
There are a few easy fixes for this ...

(1) you could just kick everyone out and there'd be more room ...
(2) Sell your current home and purchase a bigger one!

See, no problems, just solutions!

~ :50:

Ya but the houses are really tiny and expensive in the UK (according to my dad anyway) so what you should do is move to america! :) Or better yet south africa, they have HUGE houses there. My freind is from there and she said she had a huge mansion house with like a million room a huge swimming pool and like maids, and now she moved to canada and shes living n this tiny town house. pshhht. but still america.. well america, you cant beat america.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
The houses here are very small and very expensive, I see some of the houses that friends have either in USA or Canada and wow, to get something like them here in the UK, you need to be millionaire status. :( Maybe I'll have to move to the USA/Canada We also don't get a lot of garden here, But mine is big enough to have a big aviary built in it, so thats a good point.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
We are lucky here in Oz also.
Got a house with a yard 7 minutes from the city centre of Adelaide.
You cant do that on the east Coast of Oztralia without being a millionare.
Mind you, we were lucky to buy when we did. I wouldnt want to try and do it now.
Land,...buy some,...they aint making any more.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Land,...buy some,...they aint making any more.
Thats the truth.
Where I live we are lucky as we have a lot of protected land, (can't build anything on it) but any other land that isn't protected they are building on. There used to be a little farm just up the road from me, and that is gone and houses have now gone up on the land. Small houses, no land, and going for a fortune

Flyte

Jun 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw, Madison;
Yellow Naped Amazon, Rocky;
Timneh African Grey, Tyler
I've got a female blue and Gold and she is a major handful. My girl Madison is actually a little small for a B&G but she's still pretty darn big for a bird! She is relatively well behaved but turns into a demon if she doesn't get the amount of mommy time she feels she deserves.
Thank god we have room in our house for a 'bird room' They have their own television and radio for entertainment whenever I can't be with them. They also seem to enjoy watching my huge oscar in his aquarium. Before they got their own room, one of Madison's favorite games was 'steal the socks and hide them in the water bowl' She stole EVERY single one of my socks out of my dresser and put them in every single water dish nearly every single day.. lol.
I love her more than anything but she is a VERY needy 'pet' (she's my baby.. I don't consider my pets 'pets' :)

Heres a picture of her up to no good.. I'm new so I guess you'll have to copy and paste the image :/

madisonshoe.gif

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hi and Welcome to PF.

Your Baby is beautiful, but I think her shoes may be a little big for her. :D

She looks as if she is having real fun with your shoe tho'

Bucc will hide the kids toys, he burys them in his food dish then covers them up with the food. :D Never had my socks in the water bowl................YET

We'll get you made up to Established user, and then your pics will show up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions