TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
So, for those of you here in the States, what do you feel is the best kind of pellet food? I would love to open this up to everyone, but I am unsure if the band names are the same here in the states as they are in the UK and "Down Under" if you will, I want everyone's input, but I just don't know if I will be able to find your choices here!

If this issue has already been addressed on this forum, I am sorry, I couldn't find it (if you know where it is, a link would be wonderful).

OH, BTW ... HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I asked this question the other day and I am investigating Zupreem pellets.
There is a pamphlet for it somewhere on theses forums.
I will let you know how I go with it.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
brand isn't as important as where you get it here it is hard to find nice fresh pellets in bulk that don't have bugs in them - that aside i prefer kaytee but usually do zupreem because they are more avalible

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Am I missing something?
You buy a bag of food for the bird, but it has bugs in it, and the bugs arent meant to be in it?
Dont you just return it to the shop and tell them to get their act together and sell untainted product?
Is it a climate thing? I not trying to be dense on purpose, but if anyone bought a bag of anything Australia, and it had bugs in it, the shop would boarded up and closed down by afternoon tea time!.

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Well, I am pretty sure that is how it would work around here in The States (except for that whole 'tea time' thing ... we have yet to master that one ... actually ... I think I would rather take the Mexican/Spaniard model of an afternoon SIESTA instead of 'tea time' ... but I have digressed here)

Thanks for the input, I was unable to find Zupreem ... I will have to keep looking ... But I still have about 3 weeks before I have to start to really worry ... spoke to the shop today my SC is only taking about 2 cc of food during his/her single handfeeding session and is playing with the tube more than eating ... they think it will be about a week and he/she will be entirely weaned and then two weeks of observation and then .... YEA! HOMECOMMING!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is great news, and don't forget we want pics. :D and if you let me have the hatchday we can add him/her to our hatchday Thread.

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Hey Peta where in the uk do u find pellets,,,on line ? nae pet shops in the lowlands of scotland stock them

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Aye, thats the problems with lowlands of Scotland,.....crappy shopping.
I love that I can hear your accent on the forums,...good trick.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hey Peta where in the uk do u find pellets,,,on line ? nae pet shops in the lowlands of scotland stock them

Have you tried Northern Parrots,
http://www.24parrot.com/__14_produc...36_47EF2502-502E-4B0E-97B5-71A770067CB03.html

Or Everything for Pets,
http://www.everythingforpets.com/category/use.dept.426/ this is for Pretty Bird

http://www.everythingforpets.com/category/use.dept.424/ this is for Zupreem

Or Rob Harvey, get all my Palm nuts here they are very good
http://www.robharvey.com/parrot-food.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I'm in Canada and I like Zupreme but it contains a lot of sugar in most of there pelleted food. So far the best I have found is Harrison's Bird food. It's a great pellet diet, completly organic. Quite expensive but probably one of the best foods you can get.

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
When I took Sisqo to the vet last week, two different vets said that Harrison's was great, and that they feed it to their birds. She gave me a few samples and he's eaten a few pellets. Pellets only make-up about 15% of his diet right now, so I'm not worried about him only having a few, but I am making them a larger part of his diet.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
After trying many pellets for my guys, I've finally got Bucc interested in Harrisons, He will even eat them out of his bowl, and not eat them just cos he thinks they are human biscuits. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts