View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:05 PM
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Pikachu (U) lutino quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years p
Thanked 13,061 Times in 4,644 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for honest opinions

It's terrible that someone had them for 16 years and just ditched them!!

The above advice you got us excellent.
But I know you can afford them,and you will take them to the vet. The likely hood of other adootors doing the same is low. That one has balance issues is concerning , but if these guys were living in one place for 16 years, then hopefully it's nutritional, or a treatable infection. But only the vet can help.

I had one GCC for ten years, added a second and both for five more years. Then my Burt The Bird passed. And within a few months I added two budgies and two Quakers!!!!!! Then this year I took in the re-home Quaker! I hardly know what happened!!! Lol. But I'm at my limit ( please no temptation!!)

So I understand. If your heart is in the right place, and you stand by your commitments. I'm on team go for it! But your name might change to crazy bird lady
fiddlejen Supporting Member (02-14-2020), Ijistcantsayno (02-14-2020), SailBoat Supporting Member (02-14-2020), Tami2  (02-23-2020)