Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
Sorry to see greylady go, but now I will stop having the nightmares. ;)
Just kidding! I like your real name.

Michael

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks Michael, thought it would be best to get it changed. I would hate to be the reason guests don't sign up. Plus I didn't like people thinking I'm horrible.:17: LOL

Dave

Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania-USA
Parrots
1 pet CAG--1 pet TAG--1 pet YC Macaw--2 pet Quakers--3 prs of breeder greys--not pets
That name Peta--hmmmm, I don't know if it's just me but that name sounds SOOOOOOOOOOO SENSUAL;) . People from the UK have that effect on me-----Dave

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:jumping40 Oh Dave that is really so funny, At the moment I am full of cold and look very much less than sensual, more like the back end of a bus. I know that I look bad as I came down this morning and when Bucc woke up I went over to over my good morning kissess and love, he took one look at me and said "Naasty" How lovely. When he tells me I look bad then I know I really do!!

Thank you anyway, it has made me feel a lot better.

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
Peta? As in People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals?

Doesn't matter what we call you, you're likable nomatter what the label!
:60: :59: :60: :59: :

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
MKay said:
Peta? As in People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals?

Doesn't matter what we call you, you're likable nomatter what the label!
:60: :59: :60: :59: :

Yep Mkay Peta as in People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, but it is my real name, Honest.

Thank you for saying that, that is so lovely of you.

As I said we are a lovely bunch of people here. Its nice that I'm not giving people nightmares anymore. LOL I hope

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Its nice that I'm not giving people nightmares anymore. LOL I hope

You never gave me nightmares. I like to find out for myself what people are like and not rely on a screen name identity that could be shared by many different people. I'm so used to calling you GL, I was confused when I first saw your name on the posts I knew were yours. Of course it doesn't take much to confuse me these days :D .

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison said:
You never gave me nightmares. I like to find out for myself what people are like and not rely on a screen name identity that could be shared by many different people. I'm so used to calling you GL, I was confused when I first saw your name on the posts I knew were yours. Of course it doesn't take much to confuse me these days :D .

Thanks Alison, I know the feeling about confusion, Afthough just lately I'm in a permanent state of confusion.:30:

OP
Michael

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
Its nice that I'm not giving people nightmares anymore.

As I said before...it's wasn't you per se, but the other GL that I always associated when I saw your name. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks guys, the reason I changed the name was for the good of the forum as much as anything else. I gave it a lot of thought and have wondered if would be members were staying away because they saw the name GL.

I realise that we are new and it is going to take time to get more members but now we don't have that name floating round maybe it will be better.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
I realise that we are new and it is going to take time to get more members

Don't worry, we have a friendly group of people here, word will get around. It's funny, but if I'm not mistaken, a few people found the board by way of following a link that was actually an attempt to attack me. Funny how that backfired on them. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison said:
Don't worry, we have a friendly group of people here, word will get around. It's funny, but if I'm not mistaken, a few people found the board by way of following a link that was actually an attempt to attack me. Funny how that backfired on them. :D

That is very true, we are a friendly group here, and nice people too.
OMG whats all this, why on earth would anyone want to attack you!!!:06:
Some people are so sad!!

OP
Michael

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
It's funny, but if I'm not mistaken, a few people found the board by way of following a link that was actually an attempt to attack me. Funny how that backfired on them.

Alison,
How does one follow a link to a site to attack someone? The only people that came here from Birdmart, to my knowledge was you, Karen, me, Mary Kay and Dave.
Karen was the one who invited me over to this board.

Michael

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
How does one follow a link to a site to attack someone?

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Someone who was making a personal attack about my stance on wingclipping, posted a link to this site on birdmart which went directly to a picture I have posted here of a full flight Cockatoo. I did not mean that any of you did anything wrong. All of you joined right after that troll posted that link. I am sorry if I didn't word that right in my last post. Please forgive me if my incorrect wording offended you in any way, I swear I did not mean it to sound like I thought you guys came here to attack me. I should have worded more clearly, I'm sorry. :eek:

why on earth would anyone want to attack you!!!

Because I believe in trimming a birds wings to slow them down so they don't get hurt in the confines of my home, yet I posted a picture of a full flight Cockatoo here. They saw it as a conflict in my beliefs I guess and I suspect they wanted to start a battle with me on the other board. I thought that it was great that their attempt to attack me had actually helped bring some nice people to this board. Good came out of bad. That is why I mentioned it at all.

Last edited:

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
Re: clipping v/s flighted

Gosh, Alison, you're such a trouble maker.
:jumping40 :jumping40 :jumping40 :jumping40

I'm pretty sure the nonsensical drama would not be tolerated here. So what if they link to a post or two. Kids gotta play. Glad that's over with!

OP
Michael

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
Oh thank goodness! I did the worse and wondered why you might have thought that. Sorry that I misunderstood, too.

I do remember that picture and discussion about the wing clipping incident.
It's all coming back to me now.

This site is like "hallowed ground" compared to the other place. Even if one of the "not so nice" people were to join, they would only have one shot at being themselves!

Michael

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Gosh, Alison, you're such a trouble maker.

:16: Who me? LOL Seriously, I'm glad that was cleared up quickly. I will try to be more clear when I post as to avoid any problems. I can see how that post was vague enough to be misinterpreted. :eek:

they would only have one shot at being themselves!

Thats the best thing about login boards, there is no hiding ones identity. :)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Too true guys, things like that will not be tolerated on this board.

It just amazes me that someone would want to attack you for stating that you clipped your birds.

Firstly Bucc is fully flighted, and I love fully flighted birds, BUT that being said I am thinking of giving him a wing clip for training purposes. He has got to the stage that if he doesn't want to do something he just flies off and WILL NOT come back when we call him. I have been late for many an appointment because he didn't want to go in. As he knows he can get away sometimes (not very often at the moment) he will give us a little nip to show his dissapproval. He is in danger of becoming a real BRAT. While I'm for fully flighted, I'm also for wing clippings (when its done correctly)

On a lighter note, I have to say to all our members we now have one nasty and one trouble maker:jumping40 Can't think who they are though at the moment. :21: Answers on a postcard please!!!!!:D

Most Reactions