Cleaning

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
With this flu thing I have the last thing I've felt like doing is cleaning cages and playstands really well, They have just been having a quick clean and food water change.

Today, however, I decided that they really did need a good and proper clean, started on the cages and took all toys and perches down and gave them a cleaning, then the cage from top to bottom, inside and out, Finally managed to get them all done and toys back, with Bucc not amused that I had dared take them out of his cage. Starting on the playstand, decided to take everything apart a give it a real going over, Never have I seen so much mess anywhere and I'm not sure how he had managed to get food under the perch and under the seed catcher:confused: Took ladders off and cleaned them and again food and muck under there as well, How does he manage that! Now they are really clean again, but I will be watching him more carefully in future. Even the bottom of the tray was encrusted with bits that he has had, HOW!! Got halfway through the playstand and all my energy just went, but had to put it all together again. Finally managed to get that done and then crashed on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon. If it was a case that the things hadn't been cleaned at all since I lost energy then I could understand a little bit but they had. I think he was doing it on purpose, just to get me up and moving.:18:

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Bucc not amused that I had dared take them out of his cage.

Don't you just love 'the look'. They have a way of making you feel like your doing a terrible thing, with just one little look. LOL

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh he's definately got that look, and he has found a new game, grab the fingers that are touching my toys, he thinks its great!! Me I'm not too fond of it though.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Me I'm not too fond of it though.

LOL. Gwen will grab at anything, fingers, scrub brush, sponge. It doesn't matter to him as long as he gets to 'participate'. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts