Home sweet home ...

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
My late grandma (in-law) taught me a joy shared is a joy doubled, a pain shared is a pain divided. And, Iā€™m feeling so much (gratitude) joy, I just thought I would share:

I was so excited to come home and see my animals tonight after work. I even ducked out 15 minutes early because I couldnā€™t wait any longerā€”antsy-ness overtook me. Iā€™m in the process of closing a business that Iā€™ve owned for nearly 3 Ā½ years; a business thatā€”fun as it wasā€”ended up taking me completely away from my family (husband, home and fidsā€”furred and feathered). The business itself is closed, Iā€™m just in the paperwork part of shutting down nowā€”no biggie. But, my new job is part-time and I truly am amazed at how precious time is to me nowā€”time with my family, I guard my time closely now.

Of all my fids, Mojoā€”my Maximillian Pionus, is the most grateful for my full attention (all of them are, but most especially he). He talks to me, hams it up, front-flips, back-flips and the other morning he was so taken with my presence he regurgitated for me!! (To a non-bird person, that sounds disgustingā€”to me, it was awesome, I was really honored!). Timothy, more than all, needs me now to teach him and show him the safety of love and bonding. Iā€™ve made an appointment for Timothy to get his wings clipped on Friday afternoon, so this weekend we can begin play (train) time together! Iā€™m just beside myself with anticipation (and a bit worryā€”just need to keep my confidence level up!). Cecil belted out my name this weekend; took me aback as it's been some time since she's done that!

Anyway, I just didnā€™t realize how much I gave up until I made my final decision to close my business ā€¦ slow down and reunite myself with those that I love. Gosh, it was just so good walking in the house ā€¦ Home sweet home!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
I completely agree with you ... somedays (ok, everyday) I go to work I look at those little eyes looking back at me from behind the cage and I get really upset ... and then on days that I work "doubles" I hate the fact that I only get to see my boys for like 1 - 1 1/2 hours ... I look forward to coming home to see the ones that I love ... the two winged and the two armed ...

~ :50:

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
:( Ugh (make that a DOUBLE UGH), I hate those "doubles" ... those are torturous!

You mention the "two armed" welcome home ... and that is the only thing I missed tonight. My "two arms" have been out of town all week, not due home until Friday night. ... I took a picture of "his" bird (Cecil the Senegal--who is MADLY in love with him) during her free time tonight and sent it to him on his cell phone! He thought that was great ... and was also upbeat about the news and progress on the little ones. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I think we (bird people) are the luckiest people in the world, We have the love of our fids which is an awesome thing,

When we first found out about Jemma's heart condition, (we didn't know just what was wrong at the time) I would come home and cry to my fids, they were able to keep me strong for everyone else. When I'm down they pick me up, just with their pure love and trust.

I have a loving husband and two wonderful kids, yep even tho they are both teenagers (luke will be one very soon) Yep I am one lucky lady.

WE ARE VERY LUCKY PEOPLE. :D:D:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts