Moving the cage...

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Ok, so everybody here knows i've been having trouble with Kodie never wanting out of cage time. Well, i called my breeder and explained the whole story and told her that this cant go on.

He never ever wants to be outside his cage...Never!!!:( So she told me to move his cage and take whatever it is thats entertaining him so much out. So i moved him to my room, and took out the news paper ( he liked shredding it ).

And i think it actually worked, he changed from never wanting out, to wanting to be out, being cuddled and wanting attention! I hope this goes on as good as it started, he is becoming really a cutie!:D

This morning i was still sleeping, and then just laying in bed, half asleep. He saw me twisting in the blankets and commented on it... Ooh-Hoo!! It was so cute! He did it everytime i moved around so i just layed there and listened to all the cute noises he was making. Hope he starts talking soon, he really is practising alot on his talking, cant make anything out yet, but its coming!!!:p

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Thats great news!
Cricket is slowly coming out of her "slump" I am also hearing mumble when I happen to be out of the room... well I think I anyways, could be wishful thinking.:D
She has start copying the whistles those, so she is on her way. :)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is great news Wilma, I hope it carries on, before long I'm sure that he'll ever wonder why he wanted to stay in the cage. So out of cage time and starting to talk, WOW he really comes on doesn't he. It seems that we are gonna have a lot of talking babies here soon,

You'll have to get some more pics up for us all to see. And what about pics of your GCC, and whats his hatchday so I can add it to the others. :D

I look forward to hearing what his first words are gonna be,

How about
"Hey you, sleepy head, give me my newspapers back" :D

OP
Eclectica

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
I took photos the other day, my brother has the cord thingy so i cant uplaod them yet. But took pics of the cage and of Sqeaky my GCC. So dont worry, they'll be up soon! Just have to figure out his hatchday, will PM you when i think of when he could have been born/hatched.:confused:

Yeah, Kodie looks like his improving, i'll keep u guys updated on his progress. Will have to keep newspaper handy incase he bothers me in mornings, i'll throw him some!!!:D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Great, Kodie bothering you.................. Never,

Wait till your laying in bed and all you hear is "Kodie come out" over and over. :D :D

Look forward to seeing all the pics, and adding squeaky's hatchday.

I managed to sneak up on Bucc again today so I'll get some more posted. Now I've got my camera there'll be no stopping me. :rolleyes: :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts