We have progress!!!

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
:bunny7: Yes, So after I got home from work I was so tired that I fell asleep before I could go up and say hello to Cricket... couple hours later I got up feeling guilty and hungry. Knowing that I couldn't bring her down and cook something at the same time, I started dinner and went up stairs to say hello. I put in the movie Paulie for her watch, then went to the next room over to take my contacts out and I here a mumble... hmm... whats that I am thinking, sounded like "hello" I may never know but I started to listen and she started to whistle, Not the whistle she normally does but the whistles I have been trying to get her to do.
:jumping40
So of course I get all excited, popped in to tell her what a good bird she was, gave her a couple of seed and went down stair to stop my dinner from burning and tell the BF the news.... He wasn't as excited as I was, but I don't think he quite got what I was saying.
So now I am cooking dinner and he hears the whistling and asks him it was me so course I said no it was her, thats when it dawned on him and he goes running up stairs sticks his head in the room and... well... the whistling stops and the growling begins... silly BF's ...but I don't care, I am so happy, next will come the words :D YAY!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:jumping40 That is brilliant, keep listening real carefully from now on, Cricket will be saying things anytime now. This is the time you have to be very careful of what you want her to learn, she will start to pick up on things really quickly and you can guarantee that the words you don't want her saying are the ones she will pick up on. :D

That is brilliant, give her a big ol scratch from us in the UK.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
I know how you feel, Kodie is also mumbling away. He only does it when the radio is on and no one sees him... silly bird! i cant either wait for my baby to say his first words, im hoping soon anyway.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
hmmm, they truely are our kids

Thats the truth, with our human kids as soon as they start talking we tell them to be quiet, with our fids, when they start talking we ask them to be quiet, only with the fids, they just ignore anything they don't want to hear.:D :D I say that because Bucc has just gone to bed for the evening, (its now 9.15 here) and all he is doing is saying "Bucc come out" "Love ya" and then the kisses start. After that he will start all over again, this time everything will be followed by "Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum Bucc loves ya" :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts