I have Sun!!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:59: Oh yeah! Today is sunny and clear blue skies wonderful day, still very cold mind, but it is January so guess we have to expect that don't we. It is just so nice to see the sun out it makes me feel kinda good. Its the little things that keep me amused.

Haven't done much at all today, my son played football and they lost 3-2 ah well better luck next time. It was freezing out there on the open pitch, those poor boys looked frozen solid, and to top it off you get all the wrapped up adults shouting and screaming to move this way run that way, get a move on. Poor little souls.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
No fair :( . Send some of that sun my way. It's dreary and cloudy here, but it is 53 here today, so I guess I really shouldn't complain.

wrapped up adults shouting and screaming

Isn't it awful how the adults tend to take the fun out of childrens games. No wonder kids get complexes.

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
:25_coolgu Woo-hoo! We have sun as well! All of our birds are drying by sunlight after their spritzes. They're pretty happy, to say the least! We have a quaker and a greencheek conure that only spend time together outside of their cages; they're so infatuated with eachother. It's really cute to see them preening and feeding eachother in the window. I was outside with my dog and saw them frolicking on the playstand. Sights like that make the daily chore of cleaning cages worthwhile.

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
((( Why won't my picture post like yours do? I uploaded it.. it just doesn't come with my messages. )))

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Re: I spoke too soon!

The sun has been masked by clouds, and a shower is falling on us now. Rain, rain, go away... makes for muddy doggie feet!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
MKay said:
((( Why won't my picture post like yours do? I uploaded it.. it just doesn't come with my messages. )))

Are you talking about the avatar?

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Yes, and I finally figured it out. Had no idea what an Avitar was!

It's worked out now, so we can see over and over again how sweet my Dora is!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
MKay said:
Yes, and I finally figured it out. Had no idea what an Avitar was!

It's worked out now, so we can see over and over again how sweet my Dora is!

She certainly is, glad you got it sorted.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Yes she is sweet and judging by the look on her face in the avatar, she knows it. :D

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Alison, you don't know how right you are! I ask her all the time, are you a sweetie bird, and she nods her head really quick while closing her eyes. 2-quick nods and a nudge closer. Whoever said pionus are dull just never paid attention! She's got quiet character, and I'm feeling so lucky that she shares her personality with me. The rest of the world can be blind to it, until they have a pionus of their own. :eek:

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
I agree MKay, I have had a few come through and I could tell funny stories about them. In fact, I'll tell you one. Nigel, a Blue Headed Pionus, used to love to chase my daughter around the room until she would hide in the closet. He would 'stand guard' outside the door and give her 'what for', then peek in the crack to make sure she was still there and didn't escape, then chatter at her some more. This usually didn't end until I would go pick up Nigel and rescue my daughter from the closet...when I stopped laughing of course. :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison said:
I agree MKay, I have had a few come through and I could tell funny stories about them. In fact, I'll tell you one. Nigel, a Blue Headed Pionus, used to love to chase my daughter around the room until she would hide in the closet. He would 'stand guard' outside the door and give her 'what for', then peek in the crack to make sure she was still there and didn't escape, then chatter at her some more. This usually didn't end until I would go pick up Nigel and rescue my daughter from the closet...when I stopped laughing of course. :D

Ahh poor Meghan, but I'm sorry to say Meghan I did laugh also wish I could have seen that. LOL

Most Reactions

Latest posts