Kiwi

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I thought this was a pretty cool picture of Kiwi alone.

Misc_011_op_800x600.jpg

OMG, why did it post so big? Is there a way to make the picture a bit smaller, or did I forget to minimize it smaller on my computer first?

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
WOW Kiwi is certainly beautiful, and those colours are truly magnificent. I notice that someone is an Elvis fan in your household. Very good taste. Well I did tell you that I was soooooooooooooooo nosey. Sending big hugs to Kiwi and all those magnificent fids of yours.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Thank you, she thinks she is quite striking herself, just ask her, she will happily tell you...LOL You should see the various shades of shimmering blue she has when seen in person. My camera just doesn't capture it well. And by the way, you are Very observant, not nosey and I don't mind at all. My mom and I both love Elvis, but my mom is really his biggest fan.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Here's a picture of Kiwi sporting her harness that she wears when outside. The picture was taken by someone at the playground we go to and e-mailed to me. He caught her just as she was fluffing up. I though it was kinda of a cool picture. It was a warm sunny day, the only reason I have the long sleeve shirt on it to protect my arms from her claws, they tend to dig in after a while. I tried to edit the picture so it only showed her, but I couldn't get it to be clear when I did, so I just let it alone. Maybe because it was downloaded from and email? I don't know. :confused:

April18th2005Grandkids_Spauldingplayground_11_op_800x600.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That is such a lovely photo, I just love the way you are looking at each other, real love there, and the way Kiwi is all fluffed up is brilliant. That is a great pic and I'm glad that you didn't crop it down.

The gloves are off with Bucc and his harness, I've decided to just creep up on him one day, wrestle him to the ground, and put it on that way. :eek: He'll love it once its on, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Thank you.

Now about Bucc........don't forget what I said about the bandaids! :D Is your health insurance paid up I hope? :p

The gloves are off with Bucc and his harness

You may want to consider keeping the gloves ON.......It will reduce the amount of damage he does to you..... ;) :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hehehehe :D You can see it now, I have to be a bit careful here as he is sitting on my shoulder watching everything. I'm sure he can read :22: Yes keeping the gloves on is certainly something to consider.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
I was a bit leary myself when I put the harness on Kiwi for the first time. She had never had one on and I wasn't sure I would get through it with the same number of fingers I started with, but luckily she was very good about it, she pinched me a couple times, but never actually bit me......like Gwen surely would have.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'm sure you jest about Gwen, :04: As if he would!!!!!!

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
That's a great picture of both of you. The B&G's seem to be such docile birds as far as Macaws go.
Nice that he gets to be outdoors.

Michael

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
The B&G's seem to be such docile birds as far as Macaws go.

Oh she is. Kiwi is one of the few large birds I fully trust not to take a part of my face off if given the opportunity, or remove a childs fingers in the park. Even my Grey that I've had for 11 years isn't allowed near my face. I use Kiwi in educational seminars I put on for children and adults alike and she is great about it. Considering how rowdy children can be, you would think it would scare her, or put her on the defensive, but it doesn't. She seems to enjoy all the attention and is more than happy to let them hear her beautiful voice joining in if they get too loud.. :D Absolutely anyone can pat her as long as I'm right there with her. She isn't too trusting of people when I'm not within arms reach to 'protect' her, but she won't bite them, just call for me to come closer to her. The only thing that no one else can do but me, is go into her cage to take her out. She gets agitated when someone invades her 'home' like that. I think that if she was ever going to bite, that would be when she would do it.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thats really great

Wouldn't we all get defensive if someone came into our home uninvited :confused:

Most Reactions

Latest posts