Feeling her oats (horny!)

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Yesterday evening, after my husband returned from being out of town for a week, he went to spend some time with Cecil (most definitely bonded to him!). After they had spent some time with one another, he was getting ready to place her back into her cage when she started exhibiting very interesting behavior (I am definitely not experienced enough to know, but am pretty sure she was trying to mate with him!! :smile015: ).

She spread her wings very slightly and "cupped" them in an umbrella fashion, moving them slowly and slightly up and down--all the while she made a very distinct cooing/groaning noise.

It was absolutely rib-cracking hilarious ... my husband was quite perplexed as to what was happening, and I declared what I thought was happening ... at that point, my husband being stunned didn't know what exactly to do!! You might have had to be there, but it was just much too funny.

I had him leave her be on his hand for a spell ... then when she seemed a little settled, I told him he could put her back in her cage.

Like I said, I have a LOT to learn about parrots, and I've never seen this type of behavior before, but I'm pretty sure that CC was just a tad bit horny!! LOL :54:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Most definately in love, Bucc does this when he's showing his love. Guess you could say that Cecil was very happy to see your husband home again. :D

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
:bigkiss: ,,, Cecil and hubby sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!

LOL heehee.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:18: :18: :18: Hope your hubby's up for it. :18:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Hey, why you makin' fun of him ... birdie kisses are awesome!! :D I look forward to mine everyday!

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Oh heavens, no making fun of birdie kisses, no no! :D :D

Amusement with her, um, uh, horny "Be my mate" dance ... but moreso, the look on hubby's face when he realized just exactly what was taking place! ROFL!!! heehee :04:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hey, why you makin' fun of him ... birdie kisses are awesome!! :D I look forward to mine everyday!

Yeah but up a tree!!!!!!!!! :D

No we weren't taking the mick out of birdie kisses, I couldn't do without mine and neither could Andi, He gets more from the fids than he does the rest of the family.

Hey, why you makin' fun of him
Isn't it better than everyone picking on you. :D :D

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Actually, with Minzer gone for so long, and Chi being rather quiet lately I'm feeling kinda not loved anymore ... :( ...

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Awwwwww Tex, in that case maybe we can sort sommat out, we can't have you feeling all unloved now can we. :D

Calling all members, Tex needs us Chi get that coffee down your neck girl, You have the work of both you and Minzer to do here. :D:D

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
I'm home now, don't worry! Trying to get through the 430 posts that happened while I was gone while being totally exhausted, then I'll post...I have an Iggy story. Tex, you'll be back to being harassed in no time buddy.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh Minzer thats great, Tex has been feeling really unloved just lately and as we all know we just can't harrass like Minzer can :18:

Yeah so glad your back. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts