View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 12:01 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Parker - male Eclectus Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Thanked 7,181 Times in 2,692 Posts
chris-md is on a distinguished road
Re: Breakfast on the lanai

Quote: Originally Posted by Ekkietiel View Post
Parker has an amazing view!! He looks great. I canít believe he has no primary or tail feathers due to barbering. So sad. Itís hard to know that sometimes no matter what you do, how hard you try, birds will do what they want. Thank you for pointing that out for anyone unfamiliar with how easily a bird with trimmed wings can fly away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh itís ok. Heís molting now, heíll have them back in a month. Some are already coming in! In all honesty itís a little bit of a blessing. I get to take him out without worrying about him flying away, period end of sentence. Of course first preference is that he not barber at all, but if that is the card weíve been dealt, this ability is a consolation prize. By the time he has all of his feathers grown out and he has flight capability back, itís too cold to go outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AmyMyBlueFront Supporting Member (09-14-2020), Ceri Supporting Member (09-21-2020), Ekkietiel (09-13-2020), Ellie777Australia (10-17-2020), fiddlejen Supporting Member (09-13-2020), SailBoat Supporting Member (09-13-2020), Scott  (09-14-2020)