Iggy's vacation from me

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
While I was at Lake Powell, Iggy and the cats were watched by a girl I go to school with who has a DYH Amazon (I think that's what he is) and a Harlequin macaw. She brought Iggy over to her house a couple of days and then for a 3 day weekend...he LOVED the other Amazon! He apparently was singing to him and trying to get him to preen him, while the other Amazon was like "What are you doing?" But I guess by the end of the weekend they were best friends. I was really surprised because Iggy's never really been around other birds except as a baby so I thought he would be confused or at least unimpressed. The girl said that she took pictures and video of them, so if I get ahold of either I'll post them. But since I've been home he's been the same screamy bitey bird that I last saw ::sigh:: I shared some nacho chips with him on the couch today and he let me pet him a little, so we'll see. Anyway, I hope you all had a good last couple of weeks! :D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
aww, yes I am sure I am speaking for everyone when I say "post up them pictures baby!!"

oh... welcome back

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
that is fabulous that Iggy did so well socializing! can't wait to see the pics! :D

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
*Running back in* MINZER --- You're back!! Yeah!! It was so quiet around here ... Maybe what Iggy needs is a new friend ... ;) Whaddya think??

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hey Minzer, welcome back, we've missed you. Glad your back again. :D

Awwww can't wait to see the pics. Hmmmm a friend eh, maybe he wants a girlfriend, one that would keep him in line. :D I'm glad that he had a good holiday. What about you, did you have a great time. Glad that your back with us again.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Hey Minzer, wellcome back! :)
I hope you had a nice time and relaxed a bit!
Well it's good that Iggy was more social these days, now he is back to routine.
Tough it's good you started well by sharing food!
He did miss you as you missed him, I'm sure!
We thought with the other guys here that Phoebus most definitely is ''Phoebe''!
Shall I send him over?:D Then you will have two crazy birds!:18: A plucker and a tough guy.But maybe they'll both settle down..:confused:
Oh, and ofcourse the pics... don't forget! :D

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Good to have u back quick get cheeky with tex.... MMM sound like u need another birdie:eek:

OP
Minzer84

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Ok, here's one of the pictures...apparently there is a video too, if I figure out how to upload it (if the girl brings the camera to work) I'll share that too...this picture was taken at the beginning, before they knew each other well, I guess they're both a little wary here!

IggynBudda.jpg

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Yeap, Iggy needs a friend, and you need a good Plastic Surgeon to reattach your fingers! ;)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
What a beautiful picture, Iggy definately needs a friend................ a Girl friend. :D

OP
Minzer84

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
This is coming from the same people who told me what a nightmare it would be to get a second bird!!!Thanks guys :p

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Ah but would we steer you in the wrong direction...

Well I can't speak for the rest of the lot here, but I just might ... just to see what might happen ... could be lots of fun :16: :D

OP
Minzer84

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Well Tex, that could result in you having TWO large "conures" dropped off in your yard at some point... :54:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
:16: Bring 'em on :16: ... (of course I can say that 'cause Christy is in Ohio right now and isn't reading this forum at all) ... I wonder what would happen if she came home and our flock had doubled while she was gone ...

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Ah Minzer... the difference is . Iggy enjoyed company. When Arnie stayed with me . They were siblings vying for my attention. That really scared me..cant talk starting to wink and twitch at memory of the noise oh my God that awful awful noise in my head ....rocking now....:31:

OP
Minzer84

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Haha, well who's to say another bird wouldn't learn how to be evil from Iggy and then I would end up being ganged up on!!! I may start to twitch just from thinking about having TWO Iggy's on my hands...not that I would have any hands left if that happened!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Or Iggy could learn from the new birdie how to be super sweet ... then you could have two perfect little angels, like Christy and I have ...

Most Reactions

Latest posts