Thread: Hand sanitizer
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 05:16 PM
Parrots:
Umbrella Cockatoo- 13 years old
Thanked 12,494 Times in 5,078 Posts
noodles123 will become famous soon enough
Re: Hand sanitizer

if it's dry, you are fine (unless is it that crazy perfumey kind, but that has more to do with the lingering scent--by that, I mean "cucumber melon, ocean breeze, fresh linen" etc.).I know it all smells, but some have a ton of perfume that stays on your hands even after washing). I would suggest washing hands after use in the future--before touching the bird if you can (mostly if you plan to touch feathers a lot etc), but don't worry about it. You are fine. I should be a spokesperson for hand-sanitizer, given the amount I use. I have definitely touched Noodles with dry hand sanitizer on.

It does leave a residue, so if you have it on and haven't washed, I wouldn't touch their wet food or their water, because it could wash off into wet stuff...But I bathe in the stuff all day at work and have had to apply it in the car with Noodles and she has survived.

I wouldn't apply it in close quarters with your bird if you can help it (because of the alcohol) BUT, like I said, in a pinch, I have used it in the car with Noodles and just opened the window. I've had to do it on pretty much every trip we have taken, so that's over 50.

Last edited by noodles123; 09-15-2020 at 05:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to noodles123 For This Useful Post:
SunnyTheConure (09-15-2020)