Mission...

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok people I need your help. Me and Peta have been working out this problem/question that we both can’t quite seem to get an answer too.

So I think its time to involve the rest of the forum to see if anyone else can come up with an answer or info that may lead to one.

Ok instead of explaining the situation I will cut and paste bits and pieces of our PMs for you to read….

darkchi said:
Ok, I am noticing that Crickets beck is turning a peachy color right on the ridge.(I will see if I can get her to hold still for a close up pic) I didnt think anything of it because she is a avide rubber, but then the other day I say a picture marked as CAG + TAG mix
so I was thinking... that would explain why she seems to be so much smaller (refering to the harness being HUGE)
Could that be possible

darkchi said:
I have to note that it seems to be a little "brighter" from the flash... although it could be that bright and the room I have her in could be to dark for me to see :p

Peta said:
When I was looking before, I was looking at the scratch marks on the side of the beak, but now I see what you mean, its almost as if her beak is changing, kinda like a Timmy. Have to say I've never heard of a Greys beak change like that, Maybe when you are next at the vets have a word with them, just to see what they say about it. I'm gonna do a google search now, see if I can find anything there. I'll let ya know if I come up with anything.

Peta said:
I have gone through all my books here and have done numerous searches but haven't been able to come up with anything that would explain the change in her beak. I'm gonna email my breeder lady who I got Bucc and Kito from and see if she can give me some explanation????? I'll let ya know when I hear from her.

Peta

Ok… well that sums up what’s going on… the picture about is cricket’s beak, and like I said the flash made it a little “brighter” than it is.
Now I found a picture of a TAG and a CAG sitting right next to each other in the same picture, so I am going to attach these pictures to show you what I /we are talking about

CagTag.jpg

My fid's beak...
005-1.jpg

Ok, can you see how mine in is the middle of the two? So what do you guys think?
:confused:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I went back for the book I was talking about but they had sold out. :( Went to the library and found it but they are only talking about plucking. :(

Finally managed to get in touch with Louise (breeder) who hadn't heard of anything like it. But how would you feel about me sending a pic of Cricket to her?

Maybe Cricket is a "Timgo" or a "Conneh" a new breed. :rolleyes:

Just a thought here, how red is Crickets tail?

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Crickets tail is as red as can be.... but a little on the shaggy side LOL her molt has it looking like it went through a blender :rolleyes:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
CAG + TAG mix

Thats just what I was thinking with the tail.

Kito is also very small, but I think he's more Ghana (yes I know a lot of people say the dont exist) than anything else. I'll have to keep my eye on his beak and see if it changes. What age was Cricket when you first noticed the color changing? How much does Cricket weigh? Bucc is about 150+ (he doesn't hold still enough to get an accurate weight) Kito however is only 115-120g so quite a bit of difference between the two.

I'll be back in a minute, I'm just going googling. :D

edit: the weights - 480 (bucc)
415 (Kito) :D
very skinny birds above. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Well this is what I found in google's pics, I guess you are aware of the pic alreay but the bird is said to be 17 weeks old.
Does she look anything like Cricket when she was younger?

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Pheobus, think you forgot the picture. :D

I've been looking for a TAG & CAG mix, wouldn't you know it, can't find one of them either. :D Gonna try a different search now.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah I would say definately get scales, they are good for so many reasons. Ya can't always tell if a bird is loosing weight just by feel, I have only just managed to get Bucc used to the scales, he would never get on them before, so I had to do a feel weight check, not very accurate.

I couldn't get the link working, but here are the ones I've got.

http://www.24parrot.com/search_results.asp?usrID=B5BD7E18-ECFF-4974-B47D-3D07027BE9FC

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Finally got the link to work, and yeah they are the kinda scales, Damn there good prices. :eek: Mine was ÂŁ99.00 and thats nearly $200 :eek:

Pheobus can't seem to get your link to work, so I can't see the pic :( I'll keep trying tho. This putor is a load of junk and its fairly new. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
You are very very wellcome Peta!:)

You are such a nice person,always willing to help everybody, I'm glad if I helped you and Chi..:)

Most Reactions