birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
thanks I will wait a few more months and see what happens - I didn't think his head would ever turn yellow then it seemed like it did over night.

Yes, they have cockatiel and budgie shows around here and I was talking to the lady and I could show Daisy in the amateur division but not in the other divisions cuz she wasn't banded. So I'm going to let her flights grow out and see what happens.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
"Encyclopedia Tex" at your seervice ... Counres first big moult is like 8 - 10 months old (Hamlet's working on a small one as we speak) and it can take up to 2 years to moult out all their green baby feathers (in a sunny anyway) ... sexual maturity is between 2 and 3 years old for most of the breeds ...

Thanks Tex, that seems so young for the poor little ones to have to go through that. :( bless them.

:eek: Wow, really Peta ... this is a surprise, but they are much easier to train this way

Yeah, I know but it really needs to be done he will not sit still long enough for any training to start and he's becoming a right little sod, but thats because he doesn't know what is acceptable and not acceptable. When Bucc was younger and fully flighted I managed train him to stay on his playstand for a time out, he would stay there until I gave him the free command. Kito has to go in his cage as he won't do a thing that is asked. The main problem is the swooping on people and then biting. At the moment its not too bad, but would I want Bucc swooping on me, being a lot heavier than kito the answer to that is NO WAY.

This will probably be a one time clip, never to be repeated, (my nerves would'nt cope with anymore :D) Once he knows the rules and regulations then he should be fine. :33:

Most Reactions

Latest posts