Recommended reading

quakerxxoats

Jun 28, 2007
Parrots
Coconut-the albino 'tiel, mango-the peachfaced lovebird, waffles-the parakeet, Lucy and Lulu-Jenday conures, and Cookie-The rescue sun conure
This is on the subject of parrots, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this.

I found a book by Sally Blanchard called the "Companion Parrot Handbook (second edition) which I found to be very helpful. It covers almost everything you can imagine, and it all makes so much sense. It's a bit on the pricy side, but it's WORTH IT. It is not species specific. The information here can be applied to all birds. The owner of the bird store that I go to was giving a great deal on it (she only charged what she paid for the book and shipping) but here's a link to where you can order it.

http://www.avianpublications.com/items/behavior/item820.htm

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Re: Reccomended reading

That looks to be a brilliant book to have, I love books that are not species specific. :D

OP
quakerxxoats

quakerxxoats

Jun 28, 2007
Parrots
Coconut-the albino 'tiel, mango-the peachfaced lovebird, waffles-the parakeet, Lucy and Lulu-Jenday conures, and Cookie-The rescue sun conure
Re: Reccomended reading

Yeah, it's a wonderful reference. The author does refer to certain species for examples, but overall, the knowledge can be applied to all birds, regardless of species. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts