View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo / RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanked 62,374 Times in 20,525 Posts
Scott will become famous soon enough
Re: Sickly or am I paranoid? (Advice needed)

First, your forum decorum is excellent, no worries! Quite often we are collectively presented with a problem and at some point the member stops updating. Or worse, a dire emergency and zero feedback.

A vet ought take the time to fully answer questions either verbally or in writing. I'd encourage you to prepare questions in advance - often the day of visit we become distracted or the vet is just too pushed for time. Most vets score an A+ in "Billing 101" and have no problem fully charging for services rendered. Java's case may be on the fence requiring antibiotics, so you need guidance if presented with a choice.

Java may become bored with baby food, so have a backup or two. Most of my birds love plain cooked oatmeal at room temperature, a perfect conduit for meds. You'll want to mix with smallest possible amount of cereal to ensure full dose. Others report a piece of bread or yam/sweet potato infused with the meds is acceptable.