Junk Mail

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Mercy, I've been behind (once again--it is a normal and natural occurance with me) in my paperwork and slated today to be the day that I brave up, buck up and begin to tackle it. I've spent 6 hours going through accumulated mail and have shredded 98% of it, with only 2% being useful and requiring my attention :eek: :mad: -- makes me a wee cranky.

Does anyone know of a way to stop junk mail from being delivered?? I've emptied my shredder 4 times already and am only about 3/4 done ...

**Deanna grumbles something unladylike under her breath and turns the shredder back on for another round ... ** (LOL)

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
I heard about the following being done ....

for every piece of junk mail you get with a return envelope / pre-paid card, return it ..... the envelopes stuffed to the gill with other junk mail and pennies .... the pennies add extra weight (which these companies are billed on) and it will cost them more :D

keep track of who gets your pennies and then later, call them asking for your pennies back (i've known someone to actually get a check for something like $0.06 or something after doing this). it's worth the giggle if nothing else.

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
indigo!! this is a fabulous idea and i do think i'll take your advice!! i venture to say the satisfaction i will get from it will be worth more than a GIGGLE!!! LOL much too funny! :D :D :D :D

I heard about the following being done ....

for every piece of junk mail you get with a return envelope / pre-paid card, return it ..... the envelopes stuffed to the gill with other junk mail and pennies .... the pennies add extra weight (which these companies are billed on) and it will cost them more :D

keep track of who gets your pennies and then later, call them asking for your pennies back (i've known someone to actually get a check for something like $0.06 or something after doing this). it's worth the giggle if nothing else.

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
hehehehe that's so fun ... i do it when we get the return envelopes and such, but I don't get many anymore (well, not with postage PAID anyways)

Most Reactions