Nest Building

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Today the linnies have been nest building, on the floor of the cage and under paper that is put in there for them to play with.

He has been ripping up bits of paper from the big screwed up ball and taking it to what can only be described as his little hidey hole, He has managed to burrow underneath a ball of paper and has flattened it out somehow and is busy putting his shredded paper in. This can only mean one thing, well two things, the first being that they are totally crazy, they have a nest box, but obviously thats not good enough for his lady, and the second thing, EGGS :eek:

OMG I'm gonna be over run with babies, and feeding and taking care of them all. Wonder if Mummy Linnie will help me out. Its a good job I have a daughter who may be willing. :D

Watch this space, You'll probably hear me scream as soon as they lay.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
You'll have to get us some pics of this "nest" they are building, i think it could look cute! Atleast Rolie isnt laying in the food bowl and making funny noises anymore. Good luck, i hope one of them - Linnies or tiels - give you some babies this year!:D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah wouldn't that be something. :07: I have made a makeshift nest for them, its the nest box that I've covered in newspaper and put paper inside to see if that helps, that way if they do lay the eggs are less likely to get broken. I'll keep you updated.

Knowing my luck we'll get babies from both the tiels and Linnies, just as long as the Rosellas and Bourkes don't decide to give me babies as well I'll be fine............................................. I think. :18:

Most Reactions

Latest posts