TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Ok, maybe I fell for the consumer trick that we are all supposed to fall for ... but what do you guys think of the little tents called the HAPPY HUTS ... they seem like a great idea ... bird has a warm comfy place to sleep and feel secure ... was I tricked (probably like many others) or do you guys like them? Oh God, if I was tricked ... please be gentle! :49:

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
my teil hates them I have yet to find a baby sun to try them on -i have a small green one we will see i think they are adorably personally there is also a cute one at petsmart though not on the websight that is a stuffed tree stuff complete with felt butterfys on the outside!!! too cute

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
I have never tried one of those huts before, heard that the green cheeks love them, so maybe ill get me one. Just afraid that he will be scared of it!

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
eh, make one.... I have seen them and I say make it your self
Go to Wal-Mart, buy a 1/2 a yard (more than enough)of your fav pattern of warm fuzzy fabric. Then sew in your cozy corner shape... come on people sewing isn't that hard :p and if you have someone to do it for you even better. You can also always buy one and use that as a pattern to make more, that way if it gets dirty, ripped, or you just want to change it up, you can. :eek:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
In my big flight cage I have two, a small one for the linnies and a large one for the tiels, they love them, The bourkes stay away from them totally, Only problem I have is that the linnies have taken over the big one, and the two tiels have to fight for a turn in the little one. I haven't tried one out yet on the Rosellas and Red rump, but thats because space is limited in there, They won't go into the big flight cage, they are still a bit worried by all the space.

I think we all fall into the trap of being talked into buying something for our fids, not that we need much talking into :D

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Here's a little update on this topic ... Hamlet loves to cuddle and to burrow, and to be wrapped up in our clothing, so I couldn't understand why he wouldn't want to go into this thing that wraps around him, it was almost like this hut was made just for him, but he didn't want anything to do with it.

The other night he crawled onto the fiancee's lap and burrowed into a spot between the crook of her arm and her lap, he proceeded to fall asleep there. The next night he tried the same thing with me. I, trying to be smart, pulled the happy hut out of his cage and put it on my lap. I convinced him to go into it and kept the hut on my lap while he was inside. He fell asleep there for a while, until I decided to move the hut back into his cage, during the process he woke up (he was pretty unhappy about it).

Now everynight, when it's bedtime and we put him into his cage, he races right up to his hut and crawls into his happy hut, curls up and falls asleep.

HA, FINALLY!! HUMAN - 1 BIRD - 0

(ok, so that's not the running score, but I DID FINALLY outsmart him at something)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
HA, FINALLY!! HUMAN - 1 BIRD - 0

(ok, so that's not the running score, but I DID FINALLY outsmart him at something)

:18: :18: Make the most of it, when you think he's curled up in his cosy hut sleeping, what he's actually doing is thinking up ways to get you back. :18: :18:

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
That is soo adorable, i read that conures love their huts. You'll have to post some pics so i can maybe get Sqeaky one. He is so playfull i think he'll love it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts