Interview...

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Oh boy, I'm nervous. I was called late in the day on Friday (not home, of course) and told to call the Executive Director first thing Monday (today) morning regarding my resume for the receptionist job. It sounded (I could be wrong) as though they want to conduct an interview over the phone--but, again, I could be wrong, they may just be calling to set up an in-person interview.

Anyway, I woke with a pretty bad headache this morning and am not sure that I am "on top of my game" this morning enough to call and make an outstanding impression to this lady.

I've pumped coffee into me hoping to be awake and alert. I have to call her in just about 5 minutes. I'm intimidated that it is actually the Executive Director with whom I will be speaking instead of an office manager or supervisor.

:eek: Oh boy.

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Whew, the lady called me back just now. I believe I made a good impression on her and we did a casual interview to see if a more indepth interview was warranted. She said my qualifications and interests are in line with who they are searching for. So, I've got an in-person interview set for Wednesday of this week. Enough time to worry myself sick! ROFL! :04:

Genlisae

Jul 7, 2007
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pepper (Lovebird)
Congratulations and good luck!

Don't worry too much, I am sure it will go fine. I would suggest some tips to beat the nerves... but I get nervous when I have sing happy birthday at birthday parties with the other party guest.

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
WOO HOO :42: An interview technique when intimidated....
Imagine interviewer is naked..with perhaps socks and jesus sandels on.
Always works for me.x

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Deanna, you go girl, you'll do great.

Karen now the poor girl is gonna be laughing so much when she sits in front of the interviewer. :D (But thanks for keeping me laughing)

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Always works for me.x

jesus sandels??????????? OMG HILARIOUS!!! this is a (probably middle aged woman), no bra, no under garments (aka panties, for the feint of heart), AND jesus sandels!!!

oh mercy, how on earth will i get through this interview without splitting a rib??????? ROFL!! :34:

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
*line dances through the thread wearing tube socks and jesus sandals, pink leggings a tutu and an untucked Budweiser t-shirt*

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
*line dances through the thread wearing tube socks and jesus sandals, pink leggings a tutu and an untucked Budweiser t-shirt*

ROFLMAO!!! excellent!!!! Gooooooooooo indigo, gooooooooo!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Always works for me.x

I was in the town this morning, and was busy looking at the floor for some reason, when I saw the socks and jesus sandals, I just had fits of giggles, I was too afraid to look up................. just in case. :eek: Now the whole town this I'm a raving launatic. :D

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
... I was too afraid to look up................. just in case. :eek: Now the whole town this I'm a raving launatic. :D

!! LOL !! Just in case, eh? Much, much too funny! (I'm laughing my head off and Mojo is now joining in the chorus!!).

Being a raving lunatic isn't so bad ... at least, it hasn't be much of a problem for me ... :18: :eek: :18: ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts