View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 04:43 PM
Parrots:
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Thanked 15,339 Times in 6,137 Posts
noodles123 will become famous soon enough
Re: Sickly or am I paranoid? (Advice needed)

Quote: Originally Posted by Jamisonp View Post
Awesome recommendations for the other ways to give meds, I'll be sure to try them that way he doesn't suspect anything lol. Also thank you for clarifying the gram-stain thing. We're definitely gonna finish them, we give animals meds at my work and I've seen how bad it is for them to start and stop Java is on fruit blend zupreem with mix of the pure fun zupreem as his main diet he also gets lots of fresh and frozen fruits to try as well as a variety of treats and things. I offer him seeds and fresh and frozen veggies but he never likes them enough to keep eating them \_(ツ)_/ I wasn't able to get to the store to pick up the yogurt until yesterday and I was so excited to try the baby food with him so that ended up being our test for the night. We're gonna try the yogurt today and I'll update yall on how it goes!
Wean him off the zupreem fruit blend slowly because it's still better than nothing...It's kind of like the "Lucky Charms" vs "Grape Nuts" lol (only more nutritious to an extent). They aren't the awful, they just aren't the best, but I don't think I would consider them harmful (sure, some added sugar and color...but if your bird will eat it and won't eat the others, you shouldn't cut him off-- try to transition slowly).

Pure Fun is worse (in my opinion) because it has so much fruit etc in it. Just my opinion though.
The Following User Says Thank You to noodles123 For This Useful Post:
Scott  (10-30-2020)