View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 04:20 PM
Sa_2503 is on a distinguished road
Re: Male or female eclectus? Eclectus just in general?

Quote: Originally Posted by Ekkietiel View Post
If you’re dead set on getting a bird, and one that will cuddle with you, I’d look at cockatiels (Not cockatoos lol, they’re cute but crazy). They are very cuddly and love being pet. They adjust well to schedule changes. Males can learn to whistle and even say a few words (though less common). I have a male and a female cockatiel and love them both.

If you really are set on a parrot maybe look into a quaker. I’ve never owned one but know people who have. From my experiences they’re very friendly with their owners, smart and (let’s not forget) not nearly the hormone or dietary issues of an eclectus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, did a quick search on cockatoos and I remembered why they went to the bottom of my list (I have been researching parrots for at least 3 years in order to find a good fit). I don't think I could handle a big cockatoo. I think an Eclectus will be a good fit for the moment (I will continue my research until I am really sure), and I don't mind if he doesn't let me touch him/her as much. I am actually looking for a bird that will most likely just enjoy spending time with us (being in the same place, perched on our arms, etc), and that will be receptive to trick training (clickers!). They are also known to be talkers, aren't they?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sa_2503 For This Useful Post:
Scott  (11-19-2020)