Hello, I have enjoyed the disscussion

jgee

Jul 8, 2007
I am new to this forum. I follow this forum and two others. I just got back into raising Parakeets after a twenty-seven year absence. No kidding. Things have changed. One great change is forums like this. Another is how people feel about diet.

I have always loved Polytelis parrots. I have a pair of Rock Pebblers (Regent Parrots) and a pair of Princess Wales. I will shortly add a pair of Barrabands (Suberb Parrot). The Barrabands are too young to ship yet.

I also have a single male Mulga parakeet (a Psephotus). He is young and I will get him a female eventually. Until then, he is star struck for some reason with the female Rock Pebbler--who is the grumpiest of the parrots.

As most of you know, Polytelis parrots are gentle, quite, and almost naturally tame.

Mine are in an aviary in my basement (about 25' long, 8' wide and 8' tall). It has plants, a sand and gravel floor, running. filtered water, full spectrum lighting.

It has been such a joy to return to my birds. I sit in their aviary every evening for an hour or so.

I have learned a lot from the discussions here, enjoyed the photos, and feel there are many good parrot owners here. Thanks.

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Welcome have decided if I am reincarnated as a captive fid I want to be in your aviery:39: do u have chickens?

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Welcome, glad you've enjoyed visiting and thank you for introducing your flock to us. I'd love to see some pics of your fids and that aviary, it sound awesome. :D

Look forward to hearing and seeing all your flock. :D

Most Reactions