Kitchi

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Born from an egg only the size of a finch egg, she sustained some deformities and a broken leg that I had my Avian Vet repair. She would have been put down if I didn't take her in from the breeder who bred her.

Birds_036_op_800x600_op_275x206.jpg

Birds_072_op_800x600_op_286x214.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
How cute, was there a reason for the egg being so small? Isn't it a shame that she would have been put down, Doesn't that cast look really big on her little leg. Well done. She really is pretty

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
I don't know why the egg was so small. The breeder said that she gets eggs like that every so often, but that they were never fertile. I don't know how Kitchi survived other than my vet is wonderful.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Isn't it great when you can find a really good avian vet, some people aren't so lucky.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
I am lucky about that. I wish there were more GOOD vets who are actually avian certified. I hear such horror stories about things that vets who are untrained in avian medicine have done to birds. I actually had to bring a bird in to a vet who was filling in for my vet on one occassion and it was the worst experience, my Macaw never fully recovered psychologically from it. I only see my vet regular avian now, no exceptions.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I travel a little way to my Avian Vet about 20 mins in car, I have a vet for the other pets here and I have to say really very good, but I would never let them loose on my birds, ever. I too will only see my regular Avian Vet who is really great. He makes home visits to see my parakeets, Errol and Flynn as they are so nervous it would be too stressful to take them up there.

Most Reactions

Latest posts