Old 01-08-2021, 05:12 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
DYH Amazon
Thanked 32,641 Times in 11,014 Posts
SailBoat will become famous soon enough
Re: Tag Feature

Quote: Originally Posted by chris-md View Post
I know this was brought up before. I think it was that would cost extra that they didnít want to spend.

Iíve thought about it a lot, personally Iím not sure how I feel. Theoretically itís great, but I see some problems with tagging people who havenít been around much or tagging people who donít want to be tagged.

Iíve also seen it several times - Facebook mostly, where tagging is readily available - basically shut down a conversation and ice out participants: someone says ď@sailboat is our authority on amazonsĒ, (not to pick on you, my good friend! Youíre just convenient) the OP - especially if new to the forum - gets it planted in their mind that only sailboat has advice worth hearing, nevermind we have many Amazon owners here with a breadth of experience to share.

Suddenly everyone is tagging only sailboat, devaluing others. Or in the worst case, inflame egos that donít need further fanning (weíve had a poster or two in the past I could totally imagine hogging a thread with implied ďI was tagged so Iím right and everyone else is wrongĒ or lĒI was tagged so only I should be giving advice here!Ē).
Great points my good friend! And, although I consider myself an Amazon Snob, I have never considered myself an expert. Especially, since we have so many Amazon owners here...

In each Morning's early light; there is a promise, an Amazon makes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailBoat For This Useful Post:
Anansi  (01-09-2021), Inger Supporting Member (01-08-2021)