A Great British Summer

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
This was taken in west sussex (not far from where I live)

CarWaterAHS_468x303.jpg

Why aren't the trains running anymore
GunnersbryMTX_468x611.jpg

Wonderful Summers Sky (Hampshires New Forest)
lightningSLNT2007_468x471.jpg

And this I promise you was taken yesterday in London, at NOON :eek:
waterloo_468x286.jpg

Thats what its been like here just lately, dark dull wet, but hey its warm. Yesterday was exactly like that picture until about 3.00pm then it got a little bit brighter all ready for the eveing to settle in with us.

But have been told today that we are getting a summer in just a little while 2008. :eek:

So Deanna if you really want rain, as you can see I have plenty to spare at the moment. (this time last year we were in a major drought warning)

*These pictures came from the daily mail newspaper.*

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
I hope our rain doesn't turn into that in my area. :eek: ... with luck :41: it won't.

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Now, England is supposed to be rainy.....but not that rainy. Very weird weather. I was talking to a guy at work who is interested in these kinds of things and he was saying that the weather pattern is stuck right now because the jet stream is not where its supposed to be this time of the year. Its supposed to be going across the top/top middle of the United States and its way up in Canada. This effects the whole world, really. Which means that some areas are getting way way too much rain and others are too dry and the weather systems are not moving. We have had a ton of violent thunderstorms here and that is not normal.

Try to stay dry Peta!!!

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
We have had a pretty wet summer too though I suppose, I know theres been flooding and such all across the country more or less.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Now, England is supposed to be rainy.....but not that rainy

Yeah your telling me. I went into town today and just walking from the car to my front door I was soaked to the skin, guess its not cold as well, so thats something to be thankfull for.

Trouble is, its too warm to wear coats and too wet not too. :rolleyes:

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
For me if it rains in the summer it classifies it as a wet soggy summer (I am a heat fan)

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
O M G !!!!:eek:

Here it is the exact opposite!Hot, hot, hot and more hot!Not a sign of rain, many places are burned and bold of plantage!:(

You cannot imagine the pics of deforestation (burnt down)I see when I go to our summer house, I'll take pics and post them next week!

I don't want either of them!

Isn't there sth in the middle?:confused:

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Hey a bit woo hoo for Scotland. Ive just been at a festival camping since thurs and .....no flood only a little rain...pretty cold brrr..Home knacked and manky:eek: working throught the 240 posts:eek:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'll see if I can send you some of our water, we have plenty to spare.

The weather all over is going crazy.

:27: I'm saying this very quietly, but today we had NO rain, and yep even some sunshine.

:59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59:​

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
I was in short sleeves and shades today:cool:..smirk will be eating my words soon I expect...

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah apparently were back to rain tomorrow. :eek:

I heard on the news that the Thames was on the verge of spilling over, :eek:

River 7 is ready to burst its banks. :eek:

Make the most of the sun while you've got it Karen. :cool:

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Its really rather scarey to think that the weather can be so devesating. Those people on the news looked so shocked. At least our nation has the resourses to provide support ..unlike india and the other nations that are not as wealthy or well managed...mmm not that I think we are that well managed BUT when u see the corruption in their governments we really should be relieved.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yeah that is so true Karen.

Also I wonder what us Brits would do if we couldn't moan about our weather. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts