TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
"Listen here you ... you MAY NOT run up my arm, onto my shoulder, up the back of my neck and jump off the top of my head all the while flapping your wings like a madman and try to take off ... then when you fall , and land softly on the carpet, you MAY NOT then poop because you scared yourself ... it really is your own fault!"

(man, if I had a nickel for everytime I tought I would say/type that!" :D)

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
:D Now if they only listened... My Senegal blames everyone and everything for stuff she does her self. She was playing on top of her cage the other day with a new little shoe lace toy I got her, rolled over on to her back on the edge of the cage, needless to say she leaned a little too much and fell to the floor. Well guess who she blamed for that incident, yep the little shoe lace toy. She refuses to play with it now. Then it was my fault when she stepped on one of her wing feathers and it came out, she wanted nothing to do with me for about an hour then she slowly forgave me.

I used to think birds were so graceful but I think mine are just clumsy :rolleyes:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Well your not the only one there Tracy, I also have a houseful of clumsy birds. Bucc fell off his Java Tree earlier on this morning (I obviously pushed him) sprawling right onto the floor. What makes is so (and I must keep this quiet, he's watching me) funny it that the silly old fool could have flown and made it all look so graceful. Now he's not talking to me. :D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
My grey too, I can be in the other room doing somthing and here a loud bang; and of course first think I think "What did that crazy cat do in there" because you know I step out of the room and leave the door open the cat needs to take a peek... Anyways I stick my head in the door and she is at the bottom of the cage with a bewildered look on here face. She must of done something to fall from the top of the cage to the bottom cause it really was a loud bang :eek:

TexDot33: Yeah, Cricket is sneak with the whole running up the arm thing, because she knows she isn't aloud above eye level (something the boyfriend doen't understand) So she scoots up slowly little by little like I am not spouse to notice it or something :33:

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I let the little senegal up on my shoulder, she wants to be on everybody's shoulder. At least she hasn't tried piercing any ears yet. She does get you on the cheek every now and then, good thing she's tiny.

I'd never let our new Mealy Amazon on our shoulder, too big!!! Wouldn't worry about a pierced ear with her, just one missing all together!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
When I stop Bucc from going on my shoulder he will sit on my hand for a while, then fly to my head and sit there, guess he figures that if I can't see him, I won't realise that he's up there.

Yeah right I'm really gonna fall for that one. :D

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Ok I'd like to add anotherrule to the list

"You may not flick toys or food across the room then expect me to go get them back for you"

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
"why not, it's that what you are here in the house for mom?"

:D

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Well here she is with her best friend.
PopsicleLuna.jpg

Maybe the bird should train the cat to fetch all her stuff. :D

Give me a day off

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
What a great shot ... who rules the roost in that house??

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Well Popsicle rules the cat, she likes to preen her whiskers too. Very odd couple. But I hope they all know that mom is #1!!! :cool:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Can't you just hear Popsicle saying to the cat, "Move outta the way, thats my spot." :D

Love it, its great. I love to see pictures like that.

I've been trying to get one of my lot, When it goes quiet, I check out whats going on and the other day I saw the dogs laying on the floor, Cat next to them, then Bucc next to the cat. all of them asleep. As soon as I got camera out they all moved. :( I'll keep trying tho' as it looks a wonderful sight.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I think they are just planning a joke on you. They pretend to get along and be asleep looking all cute, then you see it, get all excited, run to get the camera. Then they all "wake up" and move while laughing on the inside. Its just a prank against mom.

I walk around my place with the camera attached to my hip so I never miss a moment. Even though they all usually move or drop what they're doing when they see the camera. Oh how many great pictures I could of had.

Most Reactions

Latest posts