Harrisons Size

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
For those with Poi feeding Harrisons, what size do you feed?

I've been feeding Fine (Lifestyle), but Cecil is becoming more foot/claw/grip oriented and I wondered if the Course size would be more fitting for her. :confused:

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
ok so i don't do harrisons, but talking about the calw foot thing Sidney definitly loves to manipulate them he grabs a handful and carries them somewhere to eat them. He is usually on large conure-grey sized but one time I wasn't paying attention and bought the macaw size and he ate them just fine. So if he like to do things with his hands or feet :) - whatever you call them I'm sure a larger size would be fine.

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
As long as he can get his beak into them it shouldn't be a problem. Oh and if your camera issue gets sorted out we'd all love to see pictures of him footing his food.

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
thanks indi ... camera still fussing at me ... will try to upload one of her with a foottoy ... she's a lil doll ...

Attachments

• Love ta chew.JPG
    Love ta chew.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 339
OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
phooey ... I just saw how my photo washed Cec's coloring out. I'm sorry (operator error!!! LOL). It shows her enjoying her popsicle stick, but it doesn't show her yellow tuxedo very well. Oh well...just means I have to keep working on this damned camera to see if I can get a better pic!

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
I have two digital cameras right now and one takes better pictures by far - the other, well, its not mine (borrowed) and the pictures are either too bright ot too dark and rarely capture the actual light of the room. It can be a sunny day in my room, I take a picture (not directly into the light) and it looks like middle of the night. On the other hand I can take the very next picture and its so bright you can barely see the fiddies and furbies. My other camera picks everything up perfectly but I don't have the cord that goes from the camera to the computer - need to get me a new one.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I've been feeding Popsicle the Harrison's High Potency Fine. I wouldn't personally give her the coarse. I have the coarse for Pepsi and too me it's too big for her. Most places that sell Harrisons have small sample packs you could try.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
I buy the High Potenticy "Corse" ... it's really a great option because I can give it to the fids in the "cube" state OR I can crush it up and put it on their morning "salad" and the can just eat it that way ... lots of options with the corse

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I would see if you can get a sample bag, to try out. Bucc uses his foot to hold everything, and yep I mean everything, even a pea, or a sunflower seed. :rolleyes:

Most Reactions