Alisons New Venture.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison has been really busy the last few months, she has bought herself a pet store. A very brave decision as the store she bought didn't have a very good name, she took it over and done it out and boy she has made a real good job of it. If any one lives near Massachusetts pop in to see her.

Here is the link to her website take a look. She has done a marvellous job. WELL DONE ALISON, hope you get a chance to Pop in to see us soon.

http://www.animalpalace.homestead.com/

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Great pet shop, congratulations on her success so far. I'm glad to see that they dont sell too many life animals, especially the 'furry' kinds. Guinea pigs get the most abused in petshops, they dont get enough space and most people feed them rabbit pellets. So im very impressed with her petshop, just will never have the chance to visit it properly. Hope we will hear from her soon again!:cool:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison used to run a rescue a few years back and has seen more horrors than I hope I'll ever see. She is one clued up woman, people in massachusetts are so lucky to have someone like her running a pet store. Wish we had people like her here. So no animal will be mistreated in her care. :D

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
That is wonderful news, she will make a great shop owner! Its just horrible for me to see how animals get mistreated in low budget petshops, we have one here that has the puppies way in the back of the shop and dont take them home or give love to them while they are there. It makes me so angry to see animals having to beg to be 'saved' from a petshop. Wish more people like Alison would start these shops! Good luck to her, i believe she is going to be GREAT!!!

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
Thats a big move. I have worked in the pet industry for three years and now work with fish and reptiles. It is hard work and very demanding but also very rewarding. Wish her good luck with it all.:) :)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I sure will. If anyone can make it work our Alison can. :D

Lilly Bird

Jul 4, 2006
Media
IL
Parrots
Parakeet Named Lilly
WOW! I was wonderin where she had gotten to. Have you talked to her lately?

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah I have and as you can imagine she is very busy, Its been a very hard slog, Starting a store, looking after all the pets, and taking care of her daughter she doesn't have much time. I think we all wish her the very best, and great big

CONGRATULATIONS

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Hello all,
Thank you for the well wishes and compliments! Sorry I pulled a houdini on you all, but I have been really busy these days, so I don't have a lot of time to do much else. Thinks are starting to take on a routine and hopefully I will have more time to come chat more. People are starting to realize that I'm there and coming in more and more. The feedback has been very positive from the customers and that is a wonderful feeling given all the work that my mother and I have been doing. Every day brings in new faces, along with the repeat ones, so the word is spreading. People who knew what the place was like before, are in shock when they see how clean and bright it is now. It's very cool to see the reactions that they have. I will try to get back soon, take care, and again, THANK YOU!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hi there Alison, glad you got to pop in, and I'm really glad that things are starting to take off for you. When I win the lottery, yep I'm still waiting for that win, I'll come by I could spend lots of £££££££££ in your store. :D

Look forward to seeing you back again when you've got the time.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Hi Guys! Sorry I don't come on much anymore. I'm usually dog tired when I get home. I go in 45 minutes to an hour before the store opens to start cleaning the animals cages before the store opens, and I spend alot of time there late trying to get things done after hours. I'm so busy that just the ordering and restocking is taking alot of time, not to mention how long it takes to feed, water and clean all the animals every day and give them all the attention that they need to be happy and well adjusted. It's going very well, but I could have done without the year end inventory I had to do and I'm not looking forward to tax time :eek: . The customers are really great and most of them are very friendly and supportive (I do get a couple that are just plain rude :rolleyes: , but they are definitely the minority). There was a big ice storm here last night and alot of people are without power, so I have several birds staying at the shop until the owners get their power back. I lost power here at my house too, but luckily it didn't stay out for too long. Well, I just wanted to give you guys an update since you were so supportive of me in this venture. Take care.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
We are always thinking about you Alison, and I know that when you get a few mins we'll see you. I hope your not running yourself too ragged. You take care of yourself and we look forward to talking to you when you get some spare time.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I was just looking at the website for your store. I never seen what it looked like before but I must say right now it looks great. I've worked in a pet store and I know how hard you must be working to keep it that clean and organized. Wish I was closer so I could go buy some stuff, maybe sometime soon.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Wish I was closer so I could go buy some stuff, maybe sometime soon.

Same here, hmmmmmmmm wonder how long it would take me if I started walking now. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts