Kuma and Ocean.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Here are a couple pictures of Meghans Keets on one of their play areas. Kuma is on the left, Ocean on the right.

Birds_083.jpg

Birds_081.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:59: They are so pretty and certainly look like they are enjoying themselfs. Thanks for sharing these with us. Meghan is a lucky girl.

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
Very nice birds, Alison.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Thanks, my daughter loves them to death. They are really friendly and best of all......they're blue..... :D

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Funny story about the keets. Mitzie (kitty) likes to lay on the light that is on the keet cage to get warmth from it. I don't know why, it's never colder than 70 degrees in my house, but I take her off and tell her 'no' and call her a 'bad kitty'. Anyways, Mitzie decided to jump on the cage last night and pester the keets. The keet cage is covered at night and the light is off, so I don't know why she got up there, but..... I was awakened about 2:00am by Kuma's little keet voice squaking at Mitzie, yelling 'no' over and over and then I couldn't believe what I was hearing when Kuma proceeded to call Mitzie a 'bad kitty'. I started to laugh so hard that I woke Meghan up. I went to go remove the kitty, but I didn't have to scold her because Kuma was still yelling at her as loud as his little voice would allow. Birds never cease to amaze me.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hehehe would have loved to have seen Mitzie's face when the keets started telling her off. That is so funny, thanks for sharing it with us.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
Man, Mitzie scared the daylights out of me earlier. I heard a comotion in the other room and went to investigate. Mitzie had knocked the keet cage door open and let the birds out. She wasn't going after them though, she was on the cage laying on the light! I couldn't believe it. I have now made sure that the cage is secured better. I'm glad the Pal wasn't in at the time. He's a really good pup and doesn't bother the birds at all, but I wouldn't want to put him to the ultimate test by having two parakeets buzzing his head. The temptation may prove just to be too much for a lab/hound mix dog. The main function of both of those breeds is.......HUNTING BIRDS :eek: :eek:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Mitzie obviously thought if she let them out she wouldn't get into trouble, hehehehe. When my little ones come out the dog will bound up to them, but only to round them up. He does this with the rabbit when she has done a runner, he finds her and brings her back. Trouble is he is a terrier so don't usually allow him in here when the fids are out, just too risky.

You just gotta love Mitzie though letting the birds out and taking no notice of them. :smile015: Maybe she wants her own light:04:
Here we go Mitzie, from me to you:light:

Most Reactions

Latest posts