Lovebird generosity

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
Yesterday Pix 'stole' a wrapped bandage from my dresser and flew it over to his cage and chewed on it for a bit before offering it to Serenity. It was So cute. It was like he came bearing gifts for her. She looked at it, and refused to take it - she tends to be a bit of a snob though with things like that. Anyways, then he flew to my bed where I had a few bird bells, and picked one up (a ball style bell about an inch across) and flew over to their cage (Serenity loves bells) but it dropped midway and that caused all sorts of interest and chatter. It was so cute.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Sounds like someone really likes Pix. Thats too cute. I'd love to see a video of them!!!

OP
indigo

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
Pix is totally birdie whipped by Serenity ... like a first love kind of thing ... he is always trying to impress her. She loves him bunches too ... it's just precious.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Ah that is just so cute, What a little love he is.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
What a nice couple!:D (so Serenity dominates him? :rolleyes: I think I have to have a word with him)

Breeding birds can cause less interaction with humans but watching them nest and the couple interaction is really precious and a priviledge for those who have this... :)

OP
indigo

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Yeah, all Serenity needs now are some leather boots, and a whip lol

The funny thing is, even though they have babies Pix is being FAR more touchy touchy with me. I mean before I was handling the babies (and after the first couple times) he has been hanging out with me and the babies, and Serenity either sleeps, preens herself, plays with her toys, looks out the window or whatever. She seems to like the time to herself. She also of course watches me, and I am always inviting her over. Pix spends 50/50 time with me and the babies and his lover Serenity. When he is over with the babies and me he is often looking at Serenity and chatting to her, but then turns back to the babies. He has gotten surprisingly affectionate with me even. He sits on me (never did this before the babies), preens my hair, makes clicks and murmurs to me, climbs up and down my hair clicking, dances around on my head (I think he thinks thats his stage) and, of course, 'shares' my food lol. At night he and Serenity now sleep together on a perch and the babies sleep in the box. When the babies wake, one or both goes over and tends to them. They are such good parents. I am so very proud of them :)

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Well men some times let the women think they are in charge but that's just the surface of a secret plan.... :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
but I am still waiting to see when the "honeymoon" ends

The honeymoons definately over here, so I just whip him in other ways (and chi, no words are necessary here :D)

secret plan.... :D

Andi had one of those once,

Most Reactions