recommended reading

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Hi there,
As I sit here with attached bird I was wondering if there was any particular reading material u recommended?
I am just becoming aware of my girls natural routine...atime to laugh a time to cry and all that..and a big time for noise BIG noise:eek: I just put her in cage and cover her if all needs have been met and uncover when quiet.

Would like to understand more her behaviour...I was hoping to use treats to train her BUT she is not interested in taking food from hand. Not hand shy she loves a massage both hand wrapped roud head and go for it .She almost goes into a hypnotic state..cool.....or is it?
I am in UK so easily obtained book.
Cheers K

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hi Karen, Also in the UK, so its great to see another Brit on here. :D

Have you tried here.
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Parrots-Complete-Owners-Manual/dp/0764110365/ref=pd_sim_b_5/203-0491589-0728727"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Parrots-Complete-Owners-Manual/dp/0764110365/ref=pd_sim_b_5/203-0491589-0728727[/ame]

I have ordered from them in the past and they are very good.

I am just becoming aware of my girls natural routine...atime to laugh a time to cry and all that..and a big time for noise BIG noise:eek: I just put her in cage and cover her if all needs have been met and uncover when quiet.

Thats what I did with Bucc he soon got to realise that a lot of noise only got him covered and soon stopped. He will still get loud sometimes but its not a screaching loud, its more of an excited I'm playing loud, which I have learned to live with :D and I realise that I'm not gonna stop all loud noise and I wouldn't expect to either. At the same time they have to realise that a certain loudness is not acceptable.

It seems you have got her figured out pretty well already. I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment but I'll be back later on with some more links ~hopefully~

OP
karen

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Thanx for that:)
The parrot formally known as Honey has been re named Roxy as her personality is much more Foxy Roxy. I would have gone for Jezabel my self or wee Tart. She has my husband and son round her claw.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
She sounds full of um............. lets just say character :D :D Would sure love to see some pics when you get a few mins.

I love the new name.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:33: About $11. (Rounding it up to the nearest $):22:

Most Reactions

Latest posts