Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community (http://www.parrotforums.com/forums.php)
-   Amazons (http://www.parrotforums.com/amazons/)
-   -   Bath time! (http://www.parrotforums.com/amazons/35077-bath-time.html)

getwozzy 08-25-2013 04:12 PM

Bath time!
 
Jackie's enjoying a thorough misting...

He was spreading his wings making sure I got everywhere
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/...psd260bef5.jpg
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7de8ff7d.jpg
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/...psabe34684.jpg

Whoo!! That was awesome!
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/...psbaa1a6ce.jpg

Seriously considering buying a shower perch cause this kid LOVES bath time!

JerseyWendy 08-25-2013 05:21 PM

Re: Bath time!
 
NICE!!!!!! No, I take that back. BEAUTIFUL! You know how much I LOVE Jackie pictures!!! Thanks so much for sharing. :D

getwozzy 08-25-2013 06:17 PM

Re: Bath time!
 
Haha thanks Wendy 😄. It's so funny how they go into "bath mode" lol

Any reviews on shower perches? Recommendations?

(PS-
I just finished making some bamboo ladders for when I remodel his jungle gym 😊)

BillsBirds 08-25-2013 10:15 PM

Re: Bath time!
 
It took a long time for any of my smaller birds to accept the shower perch. I bought it on Etsy.com. I've seen them on Ebay, too. Bigger birds seem to like the perch, and showers in general. As long as it's secure, it should be fine. A friend did not put it up properly, and it fell with the bird on it. He has not been able to get the bird into the shower again.

getwozzy 08-25-2013 10:23 PM

Re: Bath time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillsBirds (Post 298479)
It took a long time for any of my smaller birds to accept the shower perch. I bought it on Etsy.com. I've seen them on Ebay, too. Bigger birds seem to like the perch, and showers in general. As long as it's secure, it should be fine. A friend did not put it up properly, and it fell with the bird on it. He has not been able to get the bird into the shower again.

I could see that being traumatic!! 😁

I guess getting one wouldn't hurt- even if he absolutely won't use it in the shower I could always use it as a window perch for him... I'm ok with continuing using a spray bottle to mist him if it comes down to it lol

JerseyWendy 08-26-2013 04:45 AM

Re: Bath time!
 
I made my own shower perch, but must admit, that the big macs like it much better than the Amazons. My Amazons prefer a spray bath (mister) over taking them into the shower.

Here's the link on how to make a shower perch. It is SUPER easy and cheap. :) http://www.parrotforums.com/do-yours...very-easy.html

Calace 08-26-2013 07:05 AM

Re: Bath time!
 
Such amazing colours! Love these pics!

getwozzy 08-26-2013 04:04 PM

Re: Bath time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWendy (Post 298538)
I made my own shower perch, but must admit, that the big macs like it much better than the Amazons. My Amazons prefer a spray bath (mister) over taking them into the shower.

Here's the link on how to make a shower perch. It is SUPER easy and cheap. :) http://www.parrotforums.com/do-yours...very-easy.html

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't even think of making it myself!! It was kind of a "DUH" moment 😂 lol

henpecked 08-26-2013 08:05 PM

Re: Bath time!
 
You are going to enter a pic in the POTM contest ,right? Only a day or two left!!

getwozzy 08-26-2013 08:16 PM

Re: Bath time!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by henpecked (Post 298838)
You are going to enter a pic in the POTM contest ,right? Only a day or two left!!

Possibly- if I remember lol I'm currently putting all my brain power and energy towards remodeling his jungle gym lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.