Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community (http://www.parrotforums.com/forums.php)
-   Good Deals (http://www.parrotforums.com/good-deals/)
-   -   Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers! (http://www.parrotforums.com/good-deals/78282-free-mobile-app-pet-bird-lovers.html)

birdlover12345 11-21-2018 02:15 AM

Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
Hi everyone


I'm a pet bird enthusiast and in my spare time I've developed an app for mobile devices called BirdBuddy. It's 100% free and lets you log and monitor your bird's progress through life.


You can create a timeline of life events, monitor diet, set up notifications and browse a broad knowledge base. You can even show your birds off to other users.


Try it now on Android. Available on Google Play Store:


https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ders_companion


If you give it a go and send me feedback with suggestions, I'll send you a free BirdBuddy t-shirt too :)


Thanks


Nick

wrench13 11-21-2018 11:38 AM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
Needs alotof work yet Nick.

Rozalka 11-21-2018 01:55 PM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
I've just tried it. I think there should be a option of unknown age because not everyone knows it. This isn't all of course

charmedbyekkie 11-23-2018 07:18 AM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
Hey Nick!

I work in UX - let me know if you're interested in a UX Expert Review or Heuristic Evaluation. You can PM me via a mod/admin.

Cheers!

clark_conure 11-23-2018 07:42 AM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
I downloaded it, I haven't filled in all the stuff yet because I need find clark's birth certificate again, I think I put it away in my gun safe or somewhere I forget. But so far it looked like a really good interface. I just wanted to have all my clark data completely accurate.

I'm kind of jealous; in the 90's and 2000's I was the guy EVERYONE came to, to fix their computers or trace this email back to the source etc., or be an OP on a bulletin board. (I was well liked, and well hated; usually by the other Mods (protip never mod me)) since then I focused more on automation electronics, and looking at ladder logic programming and forgot all the stuff I used to know, (of which all the previous stuff is now completely obsolete, i might as well be an apple IIe expert).

I'll try it out over the weekend, the features I did see when I saw the left pane sideview were interesting....

Recommendation...add a parrotforums.com thing...an easy thread reader an replier. (might be there I only spent a few minutes with it so far, I saw it had a signup to some breeders thing.) But this is the only official parrot bulletin board of any real substance and information and fun on the entire Internet, (citing myself) and should be regarded as such. I don't know how you would integrate it but if I gave my login details it would pass forward into parrot forums through your app. Yeah I know I'm just adding to the pile of stuff you'd love to do.

I'll reply back once I have everything entered and play with it some more.

Have fun with it though...in a few months you'll have a ton of people on saying NO ADS and no FEES I want this for free dammit! so make sure you enjoy the process. :gcc:

birdlover12345 11-23-2018 11:36 PM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrench13 (Post 781019)
Needs alotof work yet Nick.


Sure, I know, and I'm ready to do it but I need suggestions about what's good and what's not and what's needed.


If you have any tips they'd be gratefully received.


Cheers

birdlover12345 11-23-2018 11:41 PM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozalka (Post 781045)
I've just tried it. I think there should be a option of unknown age because not everyone knows it. This isn't all of course


Hi Rozalka


I chatted to you briefly in the app :)


I understand your comment about age and I had thought that also in the past. I'll have a think about how that change might effect other components of the app and will implement it soon if its not too complicated to do. Thanks.


I'd be happy to read any more of your suggestions too.


Nick

birdlover12345 11-23-2018 11:47 PM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedbyekkie (Post 781266)
Hey Nick!

I work in UX - let me know if you're interested in a UX Expert Review or Heuristic Evaluation. You can PM me via a mod/admin.

Cheers!


Thanks for the offer and I may well explore it with you because I am to UI design what Gengis Kahn was to world peace. My skills are more in the back-end side of things. I'll drop you a line once I've made a few more improvements.


Thanks again.

birdlover12345 11-24-2018 12:04 AM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clark_conure (Post 781269)
I downloaded it, I haven't filled in all the stuff yet because I need find clark's birth certificate again, I think I put it away in my gun safe or somewhere I forget. But so far it looked like a really good interface. I just wanted to have all my clark data completely accurate.

I'm kind of jealous; in the 90's and 2000's I was the guy EVERYONE came to, to fix their computers or trace this email back to the source etc., or be an OP on a bulletin board. (I was well liked, and well hated; usually by the other Mods (protip never mod me)) since then I focused more on automation electronics, and looking at ladder logic programming and forgot all the stuff I used to know, (of which all the previous stuff is now completely obsolete, i might as well be an apple IIe expert).

I'll try it out over the weekend, the features I did see when I saw the left pane sideview were interesting....

Recommendation...add a parrotforums.com thing...an easy thread reader an replier. (might be there I only spent a few minutes with it so far, I saw it had a signup to some breeders thing.) But this is the only official parrot bulletin board of any real substance and information and fun on the entire Internet, (citing myself) and should be regarded as such. I don't know how you would integrate it but if I gave my login details it would pass forward into parrot forums through your app. Yeah I know I'm just adding to the pile of stuff you'd love to do.

I'll reply back once I have everything entered and play with it some more.

Have fun with it though...in a few months you'll have a ton of people on saying NO ADS and no FEES I want this for free dammit! so make sure you enjoy the process. :gcc:


Hi and thanks for your comments.


I'm just a hobbyist geek doing this for fun although a bit of pocket money from it would be nice hence the ads (home page only at the moment!).


To be honest I hope you are right about having a ton of people squawking about this in future. Developing this has been somewhat of a lonely experience so far and I really welcome all comments and suggestions.


I know the app is rough around the edges and I can take criticism but need suggestions with it.


I don't know any of the parrotforums.com people but would be happy to look at some kind of partnering arrangement once I get some traction with users.


Thanks for installing it. I hope you find it useful and look forward to hearing your thoughts.



Cheers.

birdlover12345 11-30-2018 09:34 AM

Re: Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozalka (Post 781045)
I've just tried it. I think there should be a option of unknown age because not everyone knows it. This isn't all of course


Hi Rozalka


Following your suggestion above, I have now added this feature to the latest version of the app which is now live on the Play Store.


Thanks very much. I reckon you deserve an exclusive BirdBuddy t-shirt (if you want one, that is). Check it out here:


Test BirdBuddy and Get a Free T-Shirt! ? Bird Buddy


If you want one, PM me your mailing address and size (S, M, L etc) and I'll send one off. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please let me know.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.