Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Questions and Answers

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Senior Member
Parrots:
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Thanks: 1,896
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,477 Posts
weco is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

Sponsored Links
Quote: Originally Posted by weco View Post
It sounds like you have been doing the right things, although I am not sure you can find an aloe plant like Kalidasa suggested.....if it does not appear that its legs or wings were broken, your bird is probably just bruised and sore.....
The aloe plant releases a sap/liquid that helps promote wound healing, but it is not critical to the bird's recovery. Check to see if you can find a product called Neosporin cream.....it comes in tubes, both as a cream and as an ointment.....the cream can be rubbed into the skin of an open wound while the ointment is petroleum based and is better suited to keep moisture out of a wound while providing the same antibiotics to the wound.....asking at a pharmacy or health clinic might get you the name of a product that is available locally, if Neosporin is not available.....

Since it sounds like your IRN just received a scrape/slight wound, watching it to be sure it does not get infected may be the best thing, because it sounds like the bird was very lucky.....

Your bird will remember this encounter with the fan, but you need to be very careful about its flying around ceiling fans.....if it were to get scared or excited and fly off, while the fan is running, it might not remember as quickly.....

You might want to feed less liquid fruits, and a scrambled or hard boiled egg would be good for him, then back to his regular diet, I think.....

Last edited by weco; 09-17-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weco For This Useful Post:
MikeyTN Supporting Member (09-18-2013), sanaliaqatali (09-18-2013)
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Junior Member
Parrots:
Indian ring neck
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: faisalabad, pakistan
Thanks: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sanaliaqatali is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

Quote: Originally Posted by weco View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by weco View Post
It sounds like you have been doing the right things, although I am not sure you can find an aloe plant like Kalidasa suggested.....if it does not appear that its legs or wings were broken, your bird is probably just bruised and sore.....
The aloe plant releases a sap/liquid that helps promote wound healing, but it is not critical to the bird's recovery. Check to see if you can find a product called Neosporin cream.....it comes in tubes, both as a cream and as an ointment.....the cream can be rubbed into the skin of an open wound while the ointment is petroleum based and is better suited to keep moisture out of a wound while providing the same antibiotics to the wound.....asking at a pharmacy or health clinic might get you the name of a product that is available locally, if Neosporin is not available.....

Since it sounds like your IRN just received a scrape/slight wound, watching it to be sure it does not get infected may be the best thing, because it sounds like the bird was very lucky.....

Your bird will remember this encounter with the fan, but you need to be very careful about its flying around ceiling fans.....if it were to get scared or excited and fly off, while the fan is running, it might not remember as quickly.....

You might want to feed less liquid fruits, and a scrambled or hard boiled egg would be good for him, then back to his regular diet, I think.....
Ok u will apply neosporin today . Will it harm my bird if he licks or eat the medicine because I have mentioned he touches his toes n leg with beak that was the reason for my not applying the ointment at the first place. I am so tensed atm. Do you think he will be able to walk again? Yes you are right he is lucky he is so dear to me. I cant tell u how much pain I have been through all these days.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Senior Member
Parrots:
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Thanks: 1,896
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,477 Posts
weco is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

While the ointment version will not kill a bird, I believe it will give it runny poop.....with the cream, you rub it into the skin or cover it with a bandage, but your feathered friend does not sound like it needs any bandages.....the cream well promote healing while keeping the injury moist and not dried out.....some birds will pick at drying injuries because the skin develops a scab/dried blood and it often bothers birds and they pick at drying injuries.....

The Neosporin has a mild pain reliever in it also.....just be gentle when rubbibg it into the injury.....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weco For This Useful Post:
MikeyTN Supporting Member (09-18-2013), sanaliaqatali (09-18-2013)
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Junior Member
Parrots:
Indian ring neck
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: faisalabad, pakistan
Thanks: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sanaliaqatali is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

Quote: Originally Posted by weco View Post
While the ointment version will not kill a bird, I believe it will give it runny poop.....with the cream, you rub it into the skin or cover it with a bandage, but your feathered friend does not sound like it needs any bandages.....the cream well promote healing while keeping the injury moist and not dried out.....some birds will pick at drying injuries because the skin develops a scab/dried blood and it often bothers birds and they pick at drying injuries.....

The Neosporin has a mild pain reliever in it also.....just be gentle when rubbibg it into the injury.....
Hi
I woke up n found that my parrot was sleeping next to me he might have been in pain n came out of cage to tell me I m going to the market I will appreciate if u could suugest me any light oral med or pain killer as well. He is in fever right now body is hot
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Boysmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Parrots:
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus *** Flora- Panama Amazon
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks: 624
Thanked 363 Times in 249 Posts
Boysmom is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

I suggest a vet visit. I have found a few links that may help you to find an avian vet near you, yes you are correct there aren't many in your country. A regular vet may have to do in this case. I hope this is helpful to you and your birdie, and I hope he feels better soon.

PAKISTAN (Lahore) Furqan Awan - furqan_awan18@yahoo.com

Veterinary Doctors in Pakistan

Veterinary Doctors in Pakistan | PAWS
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boysmom For This Useful Post:
sanaliaqatali (09-18-2013)
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Junior Member
Parrots:
Indian ring neck
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: faisalabad, pakistan
Thanks: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sanaliaqatali is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

Quote: Originally Posted by Boysmom View Post
I suggest a vet visit. I have found a few links that may help you to find an avian vet near you, yes you are correct there aren't many in your country. A regular vet may have to do in this case. I hope this is helpful to you and your birdie, and I hope he feels better soon.

PAKISTAN (Lahore) Furqan Awan - furqan_awan18@yahoo.com

Veterinary Doctors in Pakistan

Veterinary Doctors in Pakistan | PAWS
Thank u I am based in faisalabad my bird is not in the condition to travel anywhere right now.i will try to get a phone number. I dont know why there are no specialised vet in my area.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Kalidasa's Avatar
Senior Member
Parrots:
1 green cheek conure (Kumar) 2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 1,251
Thanked 1,465 Times in 965 Posts
Kalidasa is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

I don't think parrots get fevers, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Their natural temperature is much warmer than a humans. If he walked over to you he's probably a little better. I know it's hard to find an avian vet in Pakistan, if not impossible. If you can't find a vet, than at least find someone with some experience with parrots. Is he standing on that leg yet?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kalidasa For This Useful Post:
sanaliaqatali (09-18-2013)
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Junior Member
Parrots:
Indian ring neck
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: faisalabad, pakistan
Thanks: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sanaliaqatali is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

Quote: Originally Posted by Kalidasa View Post
I don't think parrots get fevers, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Their natural temperature is much warmer than a humans. If he walked over to you he's probably a little better. I know it's hard to find an avian vet in Pakistan, if not impossible. If you can't find a vet, than at least find someone with some experience with parrots. Is he standing on that leg yet?
Hello there
I am not sure if he was in fever his body was burning n hot maybe it was due to injury. Its been three days n he cnt stand properly he can move the injured leg though but not much.i went to the market to buy neosporin it is nt available nywhere plz tell me what is the genric name or salt name of cream is.i have bought panadol drops which r red or pink in color these drops r given to infants who r two yearz old. I will give him one drop after every five to six hour today
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Junior Member
Parrots:
Indian ring neck
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: faisalabad, pakistan
Thanks: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sanaliaqatali is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

Quote: Originally Posted by weco View Post
While the ointment version will not kill a bird, I believe it will give it runny poop.....with the cream, you rub it into the skin or cover it with a bandage, but your feathered friend does not sound like it needs any bandages.....the cream well promote healing while keeping the injury moist and not dried out.....some birds will pick at drying injuries because the skin develops a scab/dried blood and it often bothers birds and they pick at drying injuries.....

The Neosporin has a mild pain reliever in it also.....just be gentle when rubbibg it into the injury.....
Hello I would like to thank u for u help on the forum u have been guiding me nicely since morning.i checked with 20storez n pharmacies for the med u told me I showed ur post as well they told me neosporin is not available in cream or ointment in pakistan. Could u please tell me the genric name of the cream or salt? Do I need to get it shipped from usa?
Pls help.thank u
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Echo's Avatar
Senior Member
Parrots:
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, Caiques, CAG, Pionus, Lovebird
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Thanks: 532
Thanked 653 Times in 501 Posts
Echo is on a distinguished road
Re: my parrot is injured plsss help

Can you find Bacitracin?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Questions and Answers

Tags
injured parr
Remove Ads


Search tags for this page
can i put haldi paste on a wounded parakeet
,
how to heal indian green parrots wounds?
,
my amazon parrot is injured cant walk or stand what is wrong
,

my parrot is injured

,
my parrot is injured in fan
,
neosporin parrot
,
parrot injured by me
,
polyfax for parrot blood feathers
,
polyfax for parrot broken blood feathers
,
what to do when parrot is injoured
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Injured foot LKPowell1220 New Members Welcome 3 08-21-2013 07:53 PM
Injured Pigeon getwozzy Off Topic 9 08-03-2013 03:01 PM
Please help! Injured conure. Conure112290 Conures 6 03-05-2013 01:26 PM
Hanbyeol was injured little ;; AHTO_O Lovebirds 2 08-18-2011 01:36 AM
Injured Chook... Ratzy Others 4 10-25-2010 03:16 PM




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2005 - 2009, Parrot Forums.com