My birds got new cages!!

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
It’s been a while since I made a post on the forum, so I thought I’d do an update. My birds are doing great. Pearl has actually become a great talker. She now says “pretty pretty bird”, “sweet baby bird”, “Kermit”, “Kermie bird,” “Ducky wucky wucky”, “I’m so cute”, “talk talk talk”, “who’s a good bird?”, and does a really cute laugh. But the biggest update so far is that Ducky and Kermit both got upgraded to new huge mansions.

Previously, Kermit was in a 24x22x51” Prevue pagoda style cage. It was fine, but I know the importance of cage width over height so I upgraded him to a 32x23x40” HQ dome top cage, and filled it with lots of toys.

flybirdiesfly-albums-my-flock-picture20517-kermit-s-cage.jpeg

Next, it was Ducky’s turn. Ducky got the A&E flight, which measures 32x21x35”.

flybirdiesfly-albums-my-flock-picture20518-ducky-s-cage.jpeg

They really do love their new cages and seem so much happier in them. Before I got Kermit his new cage, he avoided going back into his cage and flew away multiple times before I could sneak him in with a treat. Now he’s so easy to put away, he just hops right onto the perch when I stick him inside.

Last edited:

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
OOO Very nice 👍🏻
Levi has the same dome cage, but a larger size. He loves that top door. I put bowls on each side. He likes to stand on the door & eat.

whitewing607

Feb 22, 2016
I like the top white cage best, hopefully the manufactures knew what they doing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Wonderful! Awww they're so cute enjoying the new homes!

ninamom

Sep 28, 2018
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure,
Lovebird in Birdy Heaven
Great cages! Do you mind telling me how high does the grate sit from the floor? I have been looking at this HQ dome cage also. Thanks!

OP
FlyBirdiesFly

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
The grate sits above the seed guard, and the tray is below it. There is a nice big gap between them, so the bird cannot access the mess in the tray.

I highly recommend that cage!!

ninamom

Sep 28, 2018
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure,
Lovebird in Birdy Heaven
Previously, Kermit was in a 24x22x51” Prevue pagoda style cage. It was fine, but I know the importance of cage width over height so I upgraded him to a 32x23x40” HQ dome top cage, and filled it with lots of toys.

flybirdiesfly-albums-my-flock-picture20517-kermit-s-cage.jpeg

Where did you get your HQ? Love the cages!

Most Reactions

Latest posts