Bird backpacks

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Hi Wrench. Glad to hear you got great mileage with yours. Mine was in usable state only for a year. Maybe it was an earlier model or could have been a bad batch. It was perfectly "solid" and well formed the first year but the warping/caving progressed after that.

On deep cleaning, I unzipped and removed what I can, scrubbing with as little liquid as I can, patting dry. But felt that some of the yuckies got absorbed into the canvass material/nylon material (ex. sweat from my back mixed w/ dust or the poos that went through the towels I set down). It was bound to get dirty as I would take it up mild nature trails etc.

I might try it again in the future. I checked their website last night after I posted here and saw they've lowered their cost by a lot. If only they find a way to strengthen the structure while keeping it safe for the bird. That was my biggest issue. Maybe a steel frame wrapped in thick insulation?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I’ve had mine for about 4 years now and it’s still in great condition being used about once a month in the warmer months.

Most Reactions

Latest posts