Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Cockatoos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2019, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Levi - 3 yr old CAG DOH-4/2/2016
Thanked 7,392 Times in 2,219 Posts
Tami2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Cockatoos and cop shows

Really, I had no idea. That's ridiculous and just sheds light on what a small person he is.
Everyone's know the 'animals' always steal the show.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tami2 For This Useful Post:
Scott  (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Levi - 3 yr old CAG DOH-4/2/2016
Thanked 7,392 Times in 2,219 Posts
Tami2 is on a distinguished road

The Following User Says Thank You to Tami2 For This Useful Post:
Scott  (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Parrots:
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
Siobhan is on a distinguished road

There used to be a saying in Hollywood, and may still be, that you should never work with animals or children because nobody will look at YOU. I play in a band with "our" kid (actually the daughter of friends) who has been playing with us since she was 12. She's 17 now. But I guarantee you nobody notices the rest of us. They're looking at her! LOL Which in my mind takes the pressure off US. We play the best we can, of course, but the real pressure is on her because she gets all the attention. And she's welcome to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:
Scott  (09-18-2019), Tami2  (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 10:01 PM
Parrots:
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Thanked 16,876 Times in 6,506 Posts
Kiwibird will become famous soon enough

When I first opened this thread, I thought a cockatoo must have been a suspect on a cop show Glad Rocky didnít get himself arrested

I can totally see how a higher energy show could really get a bird worked up, especially a cockatoo!
Old 09-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Parrots:

Rocky is really a good boy, all things considered. Of course, he has cockatoo moments. He chews up things he shouldn't. He chomps me. He screams when he doesn't get his way. But he's a too-too and that's what too-toos do. His favorite thing right now is to dump the food out of his dish when we go out for an evening and leave him in his cage. I suppose that his protest march equivalent. LOL But nothing bad enough to get arrested for so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:
ParrotGenie Supporting Member (09-19-2019), Scott  (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Thanked 1,269 Times in 482 Posts
ParrotGenie is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
Rocky is really a good boy, all things considered. Of course, he has cockatoo moments. He chews up things he shouldn't. He chomps me. He screams when he doesn't get his way. But he's a too-too and that's what too-toos do. His favorite thing right now is to dump the food out of his dish when we go out for an evening and leave him in his cage. I suppose that his protest march equivalent. LOL But nothing bad enough to get arrested for so far.
I thought it was just my male U2 Cooper that does that. He dumps his bowl when he gets upset. You can try to give him his favorite treat, but if he upset he grab it with his beak and toss it at you. The one I hate is when he fly to the back of my seat and peck me in the back of my neck when he gets upset and then he start to mumble something? His way of dive bombing me.

Screaming well that just a cockatoo in general, but mines are not to bad, but they do have their moments, they even scream at each other for something once in a while.

Last edited by ParrotGenie; 09-19-2019 at 02:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ParrotGenie For This Useful Post:
Scott  (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Parrots:

Rocky's bowl is fixed so he can't just turn it over and dump it. He has to actually scoop out his pellets and toss them onto the floor, where of course, our dog Jack helps himself. Jack also has a full bowl at all times, but the way he watches Rocky waiting for him to drop a tiny tidbit, you'd think we starved him. Dude. You've got a full bowl of expensive dog food (grain-free, he has a sensitive tummy) and you get how many biscuits a day? You can't POSSIBLY be that hungry! Two perpetual toddlers. At least our Quaker and cockatiel are slightly less diva-like. Slightly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:
Scott  (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Thanked 1,269 Times in 482 Posts
ParrotGenie is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
Rocky's bowl is fixed so he can't just turn it over and dump it. He has to actually scoop out his pellets and toss them onto the floor, where of course, our dog Jack helps himself. Jack also has a full bowl at all times, but the way he watches Rocky waiting for him to drop a tiny tidbit, you'd think we starved him. Dude. You've got a full bowl of expensive dog food (grain-free, he has a sensitive tummy) and you get how many biscuits a day? You can't POSSIBLY be that hungry! Two perpetual toddlers. At least our Quaker and cockatiel are slightly less diva-like. Slightly.
Fixed bowl doesn't work as Cooper figured out how to lift and bend it past the bar securing it and dump the whole bowl if he wants to, thankfully he stop doing that lately, but now he scoop it out the food in the bowl with his beak. He also do this if he want a certain pellet and dump the rest he don't like. He does this with regular food as well. Been removing bowl out for a while so he learns and he not doing as much anymore, except now for when he upset. The funny thing is when he go to a high curtain in place I did a project at and he fly to it and try to rip it down, I go get him and he come fly down, but he will hiss at me for calling him down and I put him back on bird play stand, he wait till I am gone and then fly right back to the curtain. A perpetual toddler is so correct.

The last owner that own him had him on sunflower seed, other type of seeds some times vegetables and people food as tacos and etc. It took me a while to get him to start eating mainly his pellets, vegetables and fruits as well. He use to fly over and try to steal my food before, or take a bite of the food. I think they had him on a farm at one point free roam, as he knows various animal sounds and is free flight trained well and not scared of anything? He amazingly quite intelligent and didn't have to train him much, he figures stuff out on his own for the most part.

Last edited by ParrotGenie; 09-19-2019 at 06:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ParrotGenie For This Useful Post:
Scott  (09-19-2019)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Cockatoos