Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Adoptions/Re-Homing

Adoptions/Re-Homing Have a Parrot or bird that needs a new home? Kindly post them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 04:07 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Pikachu (U) lutino quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years p
Thanked 8,241 Times in 2,876 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road
Re: Re-homing two Quaker Parrots and Two Cockatiels

Lovely Pikachu comes home with me tomorrow! !
fiddlejen (10-11-2019), LaManuka Supporting Member (10-11-2019), SilverSage (10-11-2019), Tami2  (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Fang (8yo (ab)normal grey cockatiel), HRH Crown Princess Lilly Pilly (purple-crowned lorikeet gotcha date 28 Oct 2018) & Valentino (budgie, gotcha date 14 Feb 2019 at approx 6mo)
Thanked 5,298 Times in 1,437 Posts
LaManuka is on a distinguished road

Congrats Laurasea on being a new mum, again! How exciting!
Tami2  (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 05:50 PM
Supporting Member
bradta is on a distinguished road

So far all homes are working out! Yesterday I drove 4 hours to and from (pretty sure it was almost 5 hours.. traffic was terrible). Loki loves his new home and hopefully will workout with them. Tomorrow after work I am going to meet up with Laurasea, who will be re-homing Pikachu. All is good and the insane amount of driving is completely worth it. I look forward to seeing you, Laurasea. And thank you again for being able to give these birds a new home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bradta For This Useful Post:
Laurasea Supporting Member (10-11-2019), Tami2  (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Levi - 3 yr old CAG DOH-4/2/2016
Thanked 7,392 Times in 2,219 Posts
Tami2 is on a distinguished road

I am so happy it's all working out well for all concerned.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tami2 For This Useful Post:
Laurasea Supporting Member (10-11-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Supporting Member
bradta is on a distinguished road

The first two re-homings went amazing. A little traffic for them both and meeting times were thrown off by about 30 minutes, but overall great. Very loving families and I'm glad to have them volunteer to take care of them.
When driving to re-home Alpha and Omega, however, around Atlanta, it was pouring rain and when we were on I-85 SB north of Atlanta, we came to a stop in traffic, but the person behind us failed to stop and hit our car. Long story short, we had it stored and now is in a shop, the brakes are being fixed, our insurance is demanding that they speak to the mother of my girlfriend instead of her, we book in a hotel that the tow truck driver dropped us off by (he didn't drop us off at the hotel, it was a Circle K gas station...) and we found a taxi to drive us, slept in the hotel, woke up to fire alarms and yelling, went outside, apparently police were responding to an "active shooter", stressful morning, checked out and called an Uber to get us to an Enterprise where we got a rental and drove out, thankfully safely... If you want extra details, feel free to contact me. I am also currently in an unsafe household that can also be explained.
I'm being painfully honest and I'm tired and worn out. I'm sorry I can't be professional on this forum anymore.. I know we met under stressful circumstances, but SilverSage, you're amazing. Thank you for re-homing the cockatiels and being able to meet us. I appreciate all of the people who were able to take time out of their day to meet with us and take care of the birds.
The Following User Says Thank You to bradta For This Useful Post:
Laurasea Supporting Member (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 09:54 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Pikachu (U) lutino quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years p

Oh bradta,
That sounds so awful. Oh my gosh , I'm so glad you are ok. But it sounds so like you went through such a terrible time.
Insurance company can be real jerks, they never seem to want to pay out. I had a bad wreck once and they only wanted to pay out 5oo bucks for my car, I foughtt them, got 5000 in the end.
You went to Superman lengths to re-home your birds into the best homes possible, spent hours on the road for each exchange. I admire you for this. I want things to turn out for you, to improve!!!
SilverSage (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 09:57 PM
Parrots:
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Thanked 8,656 Times in 3,532 Posts
SilverSage will become famous soon enough

I didn’t know about the shooter part! Oh my goodness you guys really had a crazy trip!

Please get safe; I’ll be praying for you to find a safe living situation. I wish I could have been more help; thanks for being patient with me and my crazy son

The girls are asleep, I’m already screening homes for them (so far no good matches), and they are super relaxed and already acting like they own the place lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greytness (10-15-2019), Laurasea Supporting Member (10-14-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:

You've been on my mind. I add my prayers to Silversage. A man who put his birds happiness above everything else, deserves good things in my book!!!!
It's just not right that all of this has fallen on your shoulders, while going to college, and working.....
You are a remarkable , courageous, and self-sacrificing young man, you deserve happiness!!
Please stay safe.
greytness (10-16-2019)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Adoptions/Re-Homing