Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > ParrotForums.com > New Members Welcome

New Members Welcome Post here to introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about your bird(s), hobbies, setup, etc! Parrot Owners Introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Parrots:
Red-bellied parrot (Koda) Collared Dove (James) Cockatiel (Sol, since passed) Green Cheek Conure (Kale, since passed)
SolKale is on a distinguished road
Better late than never!

Sponsored Links
Howdy! I realized I never actually formally introduced myself.

My name is Taylor! I'm an biological engineering student who can't remember a time when I haven't been fascinated by birds. Large parrots take an interest in
me for no particular reason from time to time, but alas, I cannot take them home.

But, I have had many a feathered friend and I've loved them all dearly. I've included some pictures of various buddies I've made. I'm excited to learn more about everyone's birds and maybe strengthen my relationship with my own feathered friends along the way!
Attached Thumbnails
Better late than never!-img_1190.jpg   Better late than never!-29425127_1682659755111032_1596253603767517184_n.jpg   Better late than never!-img_0629.jpg   Better late than never!-img_2470.jpg   Better late than never!-img_1404.jpg  

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SolKale For This Useful Post:
Allee  (12-09-2018), ChristaNL (12-09-2018), Flboy Supporting Member (12-09-2018), HEEDLESS Supporting Member (12-09-2018), noodles123 (12-09-2018), Scott  (12-09-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Baby - Sun Conure; Tango - GCC; Bindi - Sun Conure; Stanley - Pineapple GCC Screamer “Scree” - Cockatiel
Thanked 1,315 Times in 572 Posts
Jen5200 is on a distinguished road
Re: Better late than never!

Welcome to you and your flock! Glad you are here
Bindi (Sun conure adopted Jan 2018, hatched approx 2011, female)
Screamer (Cockatiel adopted April 2018, hatched approx 2012, female)
Stanley (Pineapple GCC adopted Aug 2018, hatched approx 2014, male)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jen5200 For This Useful Post:
Scott  (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo / RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanked 28,814 Times in 10,798 Posts
Scott is on a distinguished road

You are officially welcomed, nice intro and images!!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:15 AM
Parrots:
Sunny a female B&G macaw; Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey; All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Thanked 4,775 Times in 1,779 Posts
ChristaNL is on a distinguished road

Lovely introduction (and picts).
Welcome here
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristaNL For This Useful Post:
Scott  (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 05:44 AM
Parrots:
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure, budgies
Rozalka is on a distinguished road

Welcome to you and your feathered friends!
Scott  (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
U2-Poppy Budgies-Piper & Twinkle Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson, Zeke-forever in our hearts, YNA-Bingo, CAG-Jack
Thanked 34,185 Times in 11,656 Posts
Allee will become famous soon enough

Hello there, welcome to the forums. Thanks for the intro and pics, beautiful birds, please tell us more.

"She is not refined. She is not unrefined. She keeps a parrot." Mark Twain
The Following User Says Thank You to Allee For This Useful Post:
Scott  (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 09:09 AM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Thanked 7,821 Times in 4,180 Posts
Flboy is on a distinguished road

Welcome to you!
Scott  (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Parrots:
Red-bellied parrot (Koda) Collared Dove (James) Cockatiel (Sol, since passed) Green Cheek Conure (Kale, since passed)
SolKale is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone!

Allee: the patagonian conure in the first picture (Bella) was never my bird, because I could not afford her, but she was one of my favorite birds at the exotics shop nearby. She ended up going home with a really nice couple, but before that she'd hop on my shoulder when I walked in and we'd walk around together. I'd never met a patagonian before that and I'm not sure where I'd find another one.

The little pineapple conure (Squeaky) is actually my mom's bird. She's an absolute mess but she's adorable. My mom got her in between one of my visits, and I remember coming home and saying hello to her, and she puffed up as big as she could and swayed at me... and then immediately stepped up when I offered my hand. Silly critter.

The cockatiel (Sol) was my first ever bird. We'd had a parrotlet when I was young, and after she passed I fell in love with a little bullied cockatiel at the exotics store back home and well, that was that. It was the funniest thing, that bird NEVER bit me once. He nibbled, and acted tough, and was the crankiest little turd, but he was always gentle. He passed around the age of twelve back in May due to kidney problems. I still miss him dearly.

The cranky looking gentleman is my Senegal (Koda). He's a recent addition to my home, and he's opening up more and more every day. He's probably the smartest bird I've ever owned. And the most stubborn. Big fan so far.

The little green bean was my green cheek (Kale). That story is a little more... tender. I took him home last November after Thanksgiving. Kale did not like me when I first met him. I ended up winning him over by chance at the store one day and spent two hours holding him and talking to him and he was stuck on me after that. But he loved all my friends. He would sit on their heads and demand kisses. I remember the proudest moment for me was hearing him talk for the first time. He said "what are you doing" quite clearly in his little garbly conure voice.

I lost Kale rather suddenly last month, a year to the day after taking him home. No signs, nothing. I just woke up and he was in the bottom of his cage. I still don't have any answers. I don't think I ever will, and that really hurts my heart. Kale was my first experience with a pet loving me like that. He would scream when I left the room, scream when I came home, he made kissy noises when he wanted attention, sometimes I would come home after a ****ty day and he'd come out of his cage and boop me on the mouth with his beak and make a kissy noise. He immediately tried to comfort me when I came home without Sol, like he knew. I don't think a pet death has ever rocked me as hard as his.

But... I try to take comfort in the fact that maybe things happen for a reason. I met Koda in the right place at the right time. He needed a forever home and I had enough room in my heart still to make that happen. He's been a big help.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SolKale For This Useful Post:
Jen5200 Supporting Member (12-09-2018), noodles123 (12-09-2018), Rozalka (12-10-2018)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > ParrotForums.com > New Members Welcome
Remove Ads