LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2018, 02:01 AM
Parrots:
2 Rosy Bourke's parrots
buurd is on a distinguished road
Re: Pionus Chatting

Sponsored Links
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynsey View Post
I have a white capped pionus. He is pretty quiet, but he can and does scream occasionally.....especially when I'm on the phone or his favorite movie is playing. He loves all the Jurassic Park movies. He knows and gets super excited during the opening theme music. He talks all the time. He seems to use it correctly too. He asks if something is yummy everytime I give him a snack or treat. He can wave too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Im in love with this sweetheart <3 Look at that sweet bayb face! Does he answer the roars of the dinos in JP?

My male already greets me in the morning by bending forward and roaring at me. I think he's seen JP before.

Thank you for the book recommendation. I had heard that they were on the quiet side, and also that they are less human dependent for their emotional needs. That they get most of it met by another Pionus, and so they are more independent, and arent as clingy. I love that. And I also love their little square bodies. Theyre like the chubby toddlers of the pet parrot world. And I find their colors gorgeous, too. You're so lucky to have your buddy

Thanks, GG, for that clip! I love him, too. That little voice!

Last edited by buurd; 09-19-2018 at 02:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to buurd For This Useful Post:
TiredOldMan Supporting Member (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 06:21 AM
Parrots:
Glenn, IRN; Sherman, WCP; JoJo, budgie; Tommy, budgie; Daytona, Sunday; Sir Lancelot, GCC; Duchess Aurora Bird, BCC
LeslieA is on a distinguished road
Re: Pionus Chatting

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTriggs View Post
haha you sound much like me! I'm a well documented Conure addict. thankfully my neighbours seem to be okay with some noises, we all live right by a train line about 1/2 a mile from a station so lots of train honking. They never made any hassle over my conure singing the song of his people.

HAha! Well the autistic species would fit in perfectly in my home! I used to refer to my conure as an autistic dog. Always funny to hold up a picture of him and say "this is my dog, please be patient he has autism"
I'm a conure addict, too!

Here's my silly story. On a regular AV visit, we sat next to a glaring, screaming CREATURE. I swore I'd never own one of those DEVILBIRDS. Now, anything less than 3 in my flock and I'm lost!

Sherman, WCP, joined us when she needed immediate rescue. I'd never had a Pi before then overnight lived with one! She's my latest love and even though slow (One foot is disabled.), scarred (literally) and unable to fly, Sherman is mine!

We're about a block from the train tracks and a horn blares everytime it nears the unprotected intersection, so I sorta understand. At first, the birds go crazy day or night. Sherman had nightfrights that lasted just long enough to settle down for the next train and fell off her perch nightly. It took a while, but she finally got used to the train. Now my rehomed conures are out of quarantine and visit her which she hates. (Wait until she meets the other birdroom babies!)

Luckily, I live in a "stand-alone" house with my closest neighbor... well, I can see the house. HAHA... or my flock would drive them bonkers! (Well, crazier than we already are!)

We're Queen of the World!

Call Parrotian Castle for tours.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeslieA For This Useful Post:
Laurasea (09-19-2018)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Pionus
Remove Ads