Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > ParrotForums.com > The Game Room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2019, 06:57 AM
Parrots:
Budgies: Kitty, Puppy, Birdie, Eevee, Rainbow, Blu, Avalanche. Fischer Lovebird: Mango Solomon Island Eclectus: Tango
Lamb is on a distinguished road
Name the Bird Game!

Sponsored Links
Hello everyone!

Iím on day #3 with my new guy and canít figure out a good name for him!

I already have birds with the names; Kitty, Puppy, Birdie, Blu, Rainbow, Eevee and Mango.

Heís a 6 year old Solomon Island Eclectus. Heís super sweet and loves to dance. Heís started talking quite a bit, discovering more of his vocabulary everyday.

Need suggestions on names!
Old 04-16-2019, 07:28 AM
Parrots:
White-Faced Cockatiel (Cookie)
ChocolateChipCookiez is on a distinguished road
Re: Name the Bird Game!

I could give you some strange name suggestions....they're pretty strange....

1- Rippi
2- Punpoe (you can pronounce it any way you like)
3- Toepee

Yep, they're strange..but unique

Cookie
Old 04-16-2019, 09:58 AM
Parrots:
Cairo the Ekkie!
Thanked 1,550 Times in 477 Posts
charmedbyekkie is on a distinguished road

Aww, I'm glad you get to name him

I always thought I'd name an ekkie something like Milo (a chocolate drink that comes in green packaging) or Kaya (a green, pandan, coconut spread for bread). Then I thought of literary characters I like - there are so many! But I ultimately wanted to go with a Native American name from where I grew up.

Then ours came to us with his name

Just make sure it's something you're unashamed to shout at the top of your lungs (if he ever gets lost).

*He grew up in a Malay-speaking family, so we have to respect his name and preferred pronunciation

@cairothedino on Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to charmedbyekkie For This Useful Post:
ChocolateChipCookiez (04-21-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 11:15 AM
Parrots:
Budgies: Kitty, Puppy, Birdie, Eevee, Rainbow, Blu, Avalanche. Fischer Lovebird: Mango Solomon Island Eclectus: Tango

Thank you both! Idk why I haven’t thought of Native names. My boyfriend and I both are, just different tribes. Lol. I’ve thought of a few but nothing has really clicked yet. Was hoping to have one before his appointment in a few hours but hopefully the vet understands!
Old 04-16-2019, 11:32 AM
Parrots:
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Thanked 16,118 Times in 6,306 Posts
Kiwibird will become famous soon enough

Did your new friend come with a name? If so, is there a reason you plan to change it? Does he already know the name his prior owners called him and recognize that as his name? For adopted birds, name changes can prove confusing for them and for birds who have been through multiple homes, sometimes the only thing they’ve kept through it all is their name. I would have never named my bird Kiwi, but that was his name when we got him so we kept it as not to confuse the poor guy any more than he was. That said, if you do want to change his name, while he’s still very new is the time to do so. Still, think long and hard before making this decision and be certain that before you start calling him something unfamiliar, that it is actually in HIS best interest to do so.

Last edited by Kiwibird; 04-16-2019 at 11:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwibird For This Useful Post:
noodles123 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 11:51 AM
Parrots:

Quote: Originally Posted by Kiwibird View Post
Did your new friend come with a name? If so, is there a reason you plan to change it? Does he already know the name his prior owners called him and recognize that as his name? For adopted birds, name changes can prove confusing for them and for birds who have been through multiple homes, sometimes the only thing theyíve kept through it all is their name. I would have never named my bird Kiwi, but that was his name when we got him so we kept it as not to confuse the poor guy any more than he was. That said, if you do want to change his name, while heís still very new is the time to do so. Still, think long and hard before making this decision and be certain that before you start calling him something unfamiliar, that it is actually in HIS best interest to do so.
They were calling him Rafiki, but he doesnít respond to that at all. And he doesnít seem like a Rafiki. If he responded to it I wouldnít change it! But I think he hasnít had a lot of attention as it is so doubt if he did have a name he remembers what it is. The most response Iíve gotten was to ďbirdĒ which he says ďwhatcha doing bird?Ē But thatís hardly a name....
Old 04-16-2019, 07:27 PM
Parrots:

Update!!! His name is now Tango! �� He responds to it and starts dancing every time we say it! ��
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lamb For This Useful Post:
ChocolateChipCookiez (04-21-2019), Flboy Supporting Member (04-19-2019), Jen5200 Supporting Member (04-24-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 06:11 PM
john8terry is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
Hello everyone!

Iím on day #3 with my new guy and canít figure out a good name for him!

I already have birds with the names; Kitty, Puppy, Birdie, Blu, Rainbow, Eevee and Mango.

Heís a 6 year old Solomon Island Eclectus. Heís super sweet and loves to dance. Heís started talking quite a bit, discovering more of his vocabulary everyday.

Need suggestions on names!
A S.I.E? "Emerald", what else?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > ParrotForums.com > The Game Room
Remove Ads