Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
It's been well over a year since Jasper has been with us. He still gives me a hiss, cresty and tail flare when ever I cover/uncover or generally say hi to him. I am not allowed to touch him but he will take some food from hand. He is very gentle and will take a single piece of shredded cheese from me through the cage bars. His cage is open every day so he can use his play top, but he doesn't come out much - just for a good scream time twice a day. However... he now likes to fly to the kitchen chairs and pretend he's a wood chipper. As much as he has destroyed two chairs I am glad he is acting more cockatoo like.

taprock-albums-birds-picture20061-img-5788.jpg

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
What a sweet looking goffin! That's what I said about Jonesy too :rolleyes: a.k.a. "the little beady-eye'd monster"!:eek: lol :p

Ya, I can see jasper's beaky-work on the chair lol

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Wow, a year already?! Jasper is a fine-looking Goffins, surprising he hasn't mellowed much more. Is he friendlier with other family members?

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
So nice you have wooden chair for him to destroy - maybe keep an eye out on sidewalks and yard sales for other wooden chairs being given away, to keep him well supplied!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
DANNNNG, yeah... that bird's plumage is luminescent. He GLOWS. The expression is priceless: "And your point is...?"

OP
Taprock

Taprock

Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
Scott - Jasper doesn't seem to like any of us. He will take food from me but I get the open angry beak hissif I reach in his cage. He hates my son, as in lunges at him. I sometimes wonder if it's just us and if he would do better with someone else. The lady who had him the two years before us said he spent all his time in the cage because he wouldn't step up and would bite if you pushed him.

BirdGeeks

Mar 26, 2018
Media
U.S
Parrots
Pita (Goffins Cockatoo) Misha, Cass and Sammy,Crowley and Ruby(Budgies),Tango the Mango(Sun Conure)
Another Goffins servant! Er...owner :D My Goffins would love her own chairs to chew.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Scott - Jasper doesn't seem to like any of us. He will take food from me but I get the open angry beak hissif I reach in his cage. He hates my son, as in lunges at him. I sometimes wonder if it's just us and if he would do better with someone else. The lady who had him the two years before us said he spent all his time in the cage because he wouldn't step up and would bite if you pushed him.

That is a tough call, hard to know if he would do better elsewhere. You've had him long enough for him to know you are not a predator. Cockatoos are often re-homed many times and have a hard time learning to trust. We never know what "baggage" they harbor. Wishing there was some technique to try to achieve a "breakthrough."

Most Reactions

Latest posts