Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > ParrotForums.com > Technical Support

Technical Support Post here for support of this web site

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Parrots:
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Thanked 4,608 Times in 1,948 Posts
EllenD is on a distinguished road
Forum Having Issues Again?

Sponsored Links
Hey guys, I just wanted to check to see if anyone else has been experiencing the forum being extremely slow to load pages again. For the last few days it's been extremely slow for me. No matter what forum/thread/post I click on, or I want to post a reply, etc., any time I click anything it spins and spins and spins. It usually does eventually load the page, but it can take up to a minute for a single page to load.

Since it's only this forum that is doing this for me, and since it's exactly the same as what was going on before here, I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has been having the same problem again.

I'd love to be able to blame Comcast/Xfinity so that I'd have a reason to call their horrendous tech-support department and give them hell...
Scott  (08-12-2018), TiredOldMan Supporting Member (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Parrots:
"Birdie". Sun Conure
lplummer52 is on a distinguished road
Re: Forum Having Issues Again?

I had that problem yesterday.
Scott  (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Parrots:
Sunny a female B&G macaw; Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey; All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Thanked 3,975 Times in 1,509 Posts
ChristaNL is on a distinguished road

No problems here ... but it can be a chrome-thing.
They've done some major restructuring about warning people about safe/ unsafe connections, but that roll-out was 1,5 weeks ago (or so), so you should not have any problems now...
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristaNL For This Useful Post:
Scott  (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo / RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanked 27,684 Times in 10,515 Posts
Scott is on a distinguished road

I've had intermittent problems that seemed to subside about 2 weeks ago. Every once in a while since then a page will be slow to post/load.

Chrome is my preferred browser with PF, though I often use IE and Firefox. In fact, I routinely use Firefox when sending a welcome message to new members. I can cut/paste previous verbiage and the links to selected threads are preserved when sent. Not so with other browsers as they are translated into simple text.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > ParrotForums.com > Technical Support
Remove Ads