Wanting to say hi!

bonjay84

Aug 12, 2018
Erie, PA
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks. 1 Male Kevin and 1 Female Sophie.
I have just joined the Forum and would like to say hello. I currently have 2 indian ringnecks, Kevin 4 months and Sophie 3 months old. I have previously rescued other bird breeds from hoarding situations and found them better homes after fostering them for a while. My most recent heartbreak was my Goffin Peaches. I had her for over a year. I purchased her from a young male that did not take care of her well. Most of her diet was sunflower seeds. She had plucked herself horribly and mutilated her wings to the point she would never regrow them so she would never fly. She hated me most of the time I had her, but toward the end, as long as I kept my hands behind my back, she would come up and give me kisses! I could never handle her. She at one point broke my finger for my trying. Unfortunately, I came home from work two months ago to find her lifeless on the bottom of her cage. I was devastated! I know she had a good home for the last year of her life but I wish I knew what caused her to cross the rainbow bridge. Anyway, I am glad to have found this group and I am looking forward to sharing my new babies with everyone. My Sophie has an attitude for such a little girl. So I am sure I will be looking for advice where she is concerned! Kevin is more laid back and has bonded to me already. So that is my story and I am glad to be here!:blue1::blue1:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Welcome to the community! I'm glad you found us, and I hope you'll stay and share your stories and any knowledge you have to share.

It takes a special person to work in a rescue/foster type of situation, especially with birds, as what can happen to them when they are neglected or abuses is heartwrenching. I've worked at an Avian and Reptile Rescue for almost 8 years, and some of the birds and reptiles I've seen people bring in to surrender (or just plop-down by the front door for us to find in a state near death) have seriously made me question humanity. Thank you for doing everything you have done to help them...I'm sure your Goffin had the best moments of his life during the year he was with you....

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome! Thank you for giving Peaches a loving home and I’m so sorry you lost her. Looking forward to seeing Kevin and Sophie pics :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A pleasure to have you join the forums! Thanks for the wonderful work you accomplish on behalf of the forgotten and mistreated birds.

Your story of Peaches is touching. Goffins have an inner sweetness and are capable of deep bonding. Sadly, she was badly damaged on many levels before she found you. Without a doubt her best days were in your home.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
You were a hero to that bird. You're a strong person, aren't you? And loving.
I'm glad you found us. You're our kind of folks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts